Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2009 5:44:29 PM EDT
was just wondering i relic hunt myself . upgrading to a new machine wondering what everyone is using now. im getting a dmc2ba see how she does.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#1]
white mxt
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the minelab, that badboy will get down into the ground. I ahve dug bullets at 24" with it, but she is a little iron hungry.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:35:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Fisher 1266X here!
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I like the minelab, that badboy will get down into the ground. I ahve dug bullets at 24" with it, but she is a little iron hungry.

what model minelab? i was thinking of a nautilus dmc2ba. but if that minelab can best that i may go that route.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 6:16:15 AM EDT
[#5]
White's DFX that the Mrs. bought me for a b-day present a few years back.

I have a few sites that have fantastic potential, but just haven't had the time lately.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:56:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm still using a White's 6000 DI SL Pro.  I don't get out as much anymore but do hunt a few spots in Fairfax county and Gordonsville/Trevillians area.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Using a White's DI Pro here. Don't get out as much as I use to. Use to hunt in Fairfax County a lot, now it's the Culpeper area occasionally.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 3:58:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Bounty Hunter here...a Sharpshooter if I'm not mistaken. (it's been in the bag for so frickin long...)

We'll have to see what NK has buried around...

When I was still up in NOVA I didn't dig up much...a couple of old license plates and .26 cent.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 4:32:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been in and out of the hobby for about the last 20 years.  Got my first machine when I was 14.  It was a Fisher 1266x.  I have also had all of the Troy Custom Detector line - the Shadow X2, Shadow X3, and Shadow X5.  Also had a Whites 5900 DI Pro SL.  

Currently I just have the Shadow X2 and X3 as I sold the others to fund some firearm purchases.  For the little bit I go anymore, the two I kept are the lightest and simplest to use - and WORK.

My interest comes and goes in the hobby.  I hit points where I REALLY get in to it, do research, dig up old maps, and head out every weekend, then I hit points where I don't dig for a couple years.  I primarily go for Civil War, but occassionaly get in to some old Colonial home sites.

Dan.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top