Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2012 3:05:09 PM EDT
Anyone in the North DFW area (Frisco) know anything about diagnosing fridge issues? I've got a kegerator (dorm-fridge type setup) that I noticed yesterday wasn't very cold, and opened it up to a icy freezer plate inside. I knocked the majority of that ice off and things went back to cold for about a day, and now I'm back to a luke-warm fridge situation again.

I can hear things cycle/run a few times an hour and haven't heard any unusual/clunky sounds.

Any ideas from the hive? I know we have some HVAC guys around, so I'm hoping I can pick a brain or two and get this thing sorted out. I've got the better part of a keg of Deep Ellum IPA sitting here, should anyone feel that a site-visit is necessary
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 3:22:17 PM EDT
I'm not familiar with the setup you described, but if there is a coil iced up it will cause warmer than desired air flow.
In this case, something is not allowing a regular defrost cycle to occur.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 5:22:37 PM EDT
An iced-up freezer plate often means that the freon level is a tad low.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 3:50:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Skibane:
An iced-up freezer plate often means that the freon level is a tad low.

Thanks for the tip - I ended up re-defrosting again, this time with a hair dryer to get the back of the plate clear of ice. So far it's working better but I suspect you're probably right about the low freon. Appreciate the tips guys.
Top Top