Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2009 6:19:43 AM EST
Going to visit my mom soon and I'd like to try some targets beyond the normal 100 I have where I normally go.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:57:07 AM EST
Originally Posted By kzx87:
Going to visit my mom soon and I'd like to try some targets beyond the normal 100 I have where I normally go.

Contact "Adirondack1" he's in that area and is always a gracious host.
If you make it this weekend, there's a gunshow at the Arena/Civic Center or whatever they call it in Utica.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:32:46 AM EST
Probably not this weekend, but in the near future. I ordered a Comp M4S + 3X Magnifier from Larue and I want to try my hand at hitting 200 yard targets.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:47:35 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:54:02 AM EST
Yea, I had a feeling that would be the norm up there. I bet most are of the FUDD variety and would shit a brick if they saw anything other than a walnut stocked deer rifle. /sadface
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:54:40 AM EST
Other than state land, I am aware of no public ranges. All that I am aware of are private, as Aimless mentioned.

200 yard hits are pretty easy with a 4MOA Aimpoint on a man-sized target without the magnifier. You should be pleased.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 9:15:26 AM EST
We use to have an awesome public range in Cicero years back until assholes that couldn't control their direction of firing got it closed down. You could shoot out to 300 yards there. Heck one day I walked into the range and a doe was standing there grazing not 10 feet from the path, all while people were shooting not 20 yards from her. It was a great spot.

You could try Camden Rod and Gun club, they're listed as a public range even though you can buy a membership there.

Here's they're web site, you might try giving them a call to see if you can use the rifle range without a fee. They're not too far from Utica.

http://camdenrgc.com/

Top Top