Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/16/2003 8:16:41 PM EDT
Just wondering if I ever do get a .50 is there any ranges or places around that could handle a .50bmg round?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just wondering if I ever do get a .50 is there any ranges or places around that could handle a .50bmg round?

The last place in SW Ohio that allowed it, just said "No more". Fairfield used to let people shoot their .50s at the rifle range, but apparently some asshole screwed that up for the rest of us. He skipped a round off the top of one of the berms, and sent it into the field behind the club. He was trying to shoot the thing at 100 yards. Some people just don't get it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Might I suggest trying to find who you know that shoots and works in a stone quarry.

The one I used to work in (Wilmington) we shot all the time, no problem. The one quarry had at least 500 yards, and berms everywhere.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I know a guy that shoots his at spring valley. He usually goes early in the middle of the week when there's not a lot of people there. Sometimes he'll let the rangers shoot it, then they don't hassle him.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 2:41:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Sad. Kinda reminds me of Col. Hogan bribing sgt. Shultz.

Your friend should be able to shoot his 50 during the same hours everyone else shoots.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 11:17:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I know a guy that shoots his at spring valley. He usually goes early in the middle of the week when there's not a lot of people there. Sometimes he'll let the rangers shoot it, then they don't hassle him.

IIRC, Spring Valley is only 100 yards, correct. Where's the fun in shooting your .50, at only 100 yards?
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, that sucks there's hardly anyplace to shoot at. to bad I don't know anyone working at a gravel pit, and the only one close to me doesn't let people go in the quary anymore. I was just asking because theres a fairly cheap Ar upper in the equipment exchange that I was thnking of purchaceing atg the time- I think the guy hasn't sold it yet either if you want to look for it.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top