Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/17/2020 5:59:48 PM
Posted: 6/9/2011 10:12:11 PM EDT
Last year I got to try my friend's Glock 20 and 29, and I thought they were awesome.  Recoil was not really an issue, my H&K in .40 S&W felt more "flippy," even though I was using up my friend's concealed carry defensive loads from the previous year for the Glock target practice.  I just want to see how the short frame fits my hand versus the full-size before pulling the trigger on one.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/10/2011 1:41:17 AM EDT
20's and 21's have been hard to find lately. The SF ones feel about the size of a 22 frame
Link Posted: 6/10/2011 9:47:10 AM EDT
Thanks, that gives me a bit of a reference.  Fred Meyer's West has 20 and 29s, will see if they have a 22 so I can compare the two.

Link Posted: 6/10/2011 11:18:22 AM EDT
Considering that I technically don't work for them for a few more weeks (if at all) frontier outfitters usually keeps em stocked. Had 4-5 when I left a bit back.

If that counts as advertising, feel free to nuke my post UAF
Link Posted: 6/10/2011 12:42:04 PM EDT
Already called them, they have 20s, no 20SFs, Kurt said it was a "call the rep" item,
meaning it was hard to get.

Link Posted: 6/10/2011 1:24:10 PM EDT
I just looked on Davidson's as well, and they are out of stock.  Pickings may be getting slim.

I did the LEO/Mil discount thing with a store in Anchorage, and it took about 75 odd days to get a 20SF.

Link Posted: 6/10/2011 1:39:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Psychovore:
Already called them, they have 20s, no 20SFs, Kurt said it was a "call the rep" item,

Lol I just realized that I was thinking 21sf. Sorry.

I'm debating picking up an eaa witness hunter sometime in 10mm. Steve should have em at guns n ammo off noble. Might have a glock too.
Link Posted: 6/10/2011 2:12:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/10/2011 2:13:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/10/2011 2:14:03 PM EDT by Psychovore]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:

I'm debating picking up an eaa witness hunter sometime in 10mm. Steve should have em at guns n ammo off noble. Might have a glock too.

They don't have a 20SF.

Apparently the "lower end" (not sure how that's defined other than price) EAA 10mms have issues with frames cracking and such, the higher end ones not so much.

Link Posted: 6/10/2011 2:35:10 PM EDT

They don't have a 20SF.

Apparently the "lower end" (not sure how that's defined other than price) EAA 10mms have issues with frames cracking and such, the higher end ones not so much.

The nice thing about Glock is the all the 20 and 21 series have interchangeable slides and frames. if you have a 20SF or 21SF you can pick up additional uppers and swap them out.

Link Posted: 6/10/2011 2:37:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/10/2011 2:37:48 PM EDT by Psychovore]
Originally Posted By viper5243:

They don't have a 20SF.

The nice thing about Glock is the all the 20 and 21 series have interchangeable slides and frames. if you have a 20SF or 21SF you can pick up additional uppers and swap them out.

That I didn't know.  So I could conceivably get a 21SF and have both a 10mm and a .45 ACP once I get the extra parts?

Link Posted: 6/10/2011 2:54:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/10/2011 2:59:49 PM EDT by viper5243]

They don't have a 20SF.

That I didn't know.  So I could conceivably get a 21SF and have both a 10mm and a .45 ACP once I get the extra parts?

You would need a slide matching barrel caliber. But the 20, 20SF, 20C, 21, 21 SF, and 21C are all interchangeable. As far as i know the 20/21 use the same frame and so to with the 20SF/21SF

I have been doing this for years with Glocks and Berettas.

(not trying to promote myself or sell anything here, Mr UAFgrad)

Link Posted: 6/10/2011 4:56:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By uafgrad:
I have a 20c if you want to take it out and give it a run

I didn't even know there was a 20 Compact.  I only knew about the 20, 20SF, and 29.  How big is the 20C?

Link Posted: 6/10/2011 4:58:49 PM EDT

They don't have a 20SF.

You would need a slide matching barrel caliber. But the 20, 20SF, 20C, 21, 21 SF, and 21C are all interchangeable. As far as i know the 20/21 use the same frame and so to with the 20SF/21SF

I have been doing this for years with Glocks and Berettas.

(not trying to promote myself or sell anything here, Mr UAFgrad)

Do you have to change any springs out, converting from the 21SF to the 20SF?

Link Posted: 6/10/2011 5:02:29 PM EDT
Not sure if their is a difference in springs. The ones i have seen for sale come as complete conversion kits. Barrel, slide, recoil spring, and rod. So everything already comes complete.

Link Posted: 6/10/2011 5:45:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/10/2011 6:07:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/10/2011 6:13:29 PM EDT by mwarnick1]
My EAA 10mm Witness compact never had a slide cracking problem and I must have put.... ohhh, I don't know, three hundred rounds through that POS.  The thing would never run right.  I even bought the supposedly 'new and improved' mags for it, new recoil guide and spring, etc.

I sold it to some poor dumb sucker at a gun show.  It was a weird conversation since I kept telling him how it wouldn't run.  I guess he thought he could figure it out.  I wonder if he did.

Good luck with the 10mm hunt.  It's the perfect round.

Matt

(mmmmm, 10mm!)
Link Posted: 6/10/2011 6:13:37 PM EDT

I didn't even know there was a 20 Compact.  I only knew about the 20, 20SF, and 29.  How big is the 20C?

With Glocks, a "c" designates the gun is compensated
I have a 20c and a 21c

The compact 10mm Glock is a Glock 29

Ah, OK.  I may have to take you up on that, though I'm not really a fan of compensated guns.

In my searches I just discovered that there's as 29SF as well.  I had always figured if I bought a 20 or 20SF, I would always get a 29 to go along with it.  I'll definitely get a 29SF, might even get it first, since they seem a bit more readily available than the 20SF.

Link Posted: 6/10/2011 8:27:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mwarnick1:

Good luck with the 107.62x25mm hunt.  It's the perfect round.

Matt

(mmmmm, 7.62x25mm!)

Silly old guys and your fading memories

Link Posted: 6/10/2011 9:52:36 PM EDT
I love 7.62x25, I wish someone would come out with a modern pistol for it.

Link Posted: 6/10/2011 10:05:40 PM EDT

I love 7.62x25, I wish someone would come out with a modern pistol for it.

Glock 20's have been done but im not sure whats involved. I have had 2 1911's build and their crazy accurate. A third one is modified to use tokarev magazines.

If you like revolvers you can chamber a Ruger Blackhawk in it

Link Posted: 6/11/2011 6:23:36 AM EDT
Silly old guys and your fading memories

Not that I'm denying the charge of being 'old' (since I do have a bday coming up this month), but I'd like to recognize Viper as being the first person to ever CALL me old!  Since you win that prize, I'll give you a belt through the Shrike the next time I see you if I remember my promise.  Probably won't remember though.....  getting old and all.

7.62x25 vs 10mm is a tough one.  They're kind of the Chuck Norris twins of pistol cartridges.  Who would win a fight between Chuck Norris and Chuck Norris?  You young punks might need to look up who Chuck is.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 3:51:49 PM EDT
Well, got a couple of places putting out feelers to see if they can find one anywhere, even Fred Meyer's.  Hopefully I can find one that's not too overpriced.

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 11:42:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/15/2011 11:45:46 AM EDT by Psychovore]

I have a 20c and a 21c

How well is the recoil arrested on the 20C?  Does it mess with your vision in the dark?  I've never seen a factory-compensated Glock, just an aftermarket that had a pretty good fireball out the ports.

Can you pick up a slide and barrel for the C and swap it out on a regular?

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 12:50:57 PM EDT

I have a 20c and a 21c

How well is the recoil arrested on the 20C?  Does it mess with your vision in the dark?  I've never seen a factory-compensated Glock, just an aftermarket that had a pretty good fireball out the ports.

Havent shot them myself but seen product shots from glock and the flames look kinda sweet shooting up.

They will swap onto a regular frame. Not a lot of people sell the Compensated ones though.

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:13:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 5:44:44 PM EDT

I have a 20c and a 21c

Havent shot them myself but seen product shots from glock and the flames look kinda sweet shooting up.

They will swap onto a regular frame. Not a lot of people sell the Compensated ones though.

If you dont want to replace the whole slide, my LoneWolf drop-in barrel has been awesome

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:18:46 PM EDT
Turns out Pro-Tec has one in stock.

Well... HAD.  

Top Top