Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/15/2004 11:06:27 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/15/2004 11:06:54 AM EST by Jagercola]
Moved to W-S for two years and I'm looking to buy an AR-15 to plink with. The only way though is if there is an outdoor range I can use it at. Anyone know of any local ones? I'm in north winston-salem. I know there is an indoor range not far from here, grandview I believe. Also, anyone have any favorite FFL dealers to get a gun shipped to? Thanks -Will
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:32:38 AM EST
Look up the "Gun Rack" in Kernersville. If you take bypass 40 east, get off on hwy. 66 and make a right (south) they are in a shopping center on the right. They have a couple. I have not been in a while.
Were you at exactly. I live in Belews Creek near Walkertown. You can also look at "Charlie's Hunting and Fishing" in Walkertown. Last time I was there he had one 20" Bushmaster.

As far as outdoor ranges go I do not know of any. Uwharrie National Forest public range is I think the closest thing we have. It's about 1 1/2 hour drive for us.

Greetings

Samuel
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:55:49 PM EST
Charlies and Gun Rack both had ARs the last time I was there.
Charlies and Grandveiw will only accept from another FFL.
Gun Rack will accept from an individual with a copy of their drivers license.
PHA is a private outdoors shooting range.Highway 150 south near Churchland .You can join.
I don't remember what it cost up front but after that it's $100 a year. www.phashoots.com
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:01:06 PM EST
Thanks for your help. I e-mailed the PHA to see about membership and their location. So far, I only have a walther P99, but want to move up to some rirfle ar15 plinking. What do you guys shoot around here? -Will
Top Top