Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2005 10:59:42 PM EDT
I am at the Bullet Hole quite a bit, but would like to do some shooting outside as well. Any ranges fit the bill for this?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:51:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you looking for full-auto type NFA?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:26:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never had a reason to find out, rumor has it that Game and Parks is building a range near Wahoo and I'm trying to get ahold of what their range rules will be.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe Weeping Water Gun Club is the only "official" location that allows for full auto fire with clubwide approval.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks. Ill check them out.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Clueless n00b here, but I have been searching in this regard as well.

I have taken a look at local ranges and haven't found any that are especially "friendly" (in my estimation) to full-auto.

cf. Weeping Water rules:

"18.  Members must obtain prior permission and must be in possession of signed documentation from the Board of Directors to shoot “fully automatic firearms or firearms of .50 BMG or similar large cartridges on WWGC property.  Guest shooting these firearms must be directly supervised by the member. 50 BMG’s will fire the far left lane on the rifle range out from under the overhead. Full autos “INCLUDES RAPID FIRE TRIGGER DEVICES” will use only the short range end of the rifle range. Auto fire is limited to 3 round bursts, no full auto 50’s."

Again, I am new to all this (and not a member of Weeping Water, so others are more qualified to comment about this), but I didn't find the requirements for prior approval and "limited to 3 round bursts" especially accommodating. Then again, it's better than a "no NFA" rule.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmmmm...3rd bursts....Thats all huh... Ill have to call them..
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#8]
why not  just use one of the hundreds of WMA's across the state?  I go down to Hamburg Bend all the time (near Nebraska City).  Great place, and it's free to shoot.  Just clean up after yourself.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Where can a list of these WMAs be found?   I found this on Nebraska Game and Parks webiste but it only lists 4 places or so.

Yeah, that site is a pain; however, here is what I have found:

A Comprehensive Listing lists all properties owned by the Game & Parks Commission.  It has limited utility due to listing only lat/long coordinates of the properties.

The Interactive Map is much more useful. There is also a query system that is very informative and integrates well with the GIS-enabled interactive map (you can access the query from the appropriate button on the interactive map).

Note that some WMA's completely prohibit target shooting, but target shooting is allowed unless it's specifically prohibited. For instance, the Randal W. Schilling WMA prohibits target shooting and "blue rock shooting" (whatever the hell that is).

ETA: disambiguation
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#11]
i lost the link to the 2005 public hunting guide in pdf format on their site.  any place that sells hunting permits should carry the list--if you have a wal-mart nearby they'll carry the pamphlet.  if you don't have access to one, worst case scenario you could find a couple WMA's near you and call the conservation officer in the county/city nearby and ask them.  or you could just ask me and i can look in the guide for you.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:30:11 PM EDT
[#13]
NGPC also has an interactive map on its website that allows you to find state lands by county.

mapserver.ngpc.state.ne.us/website/gpc_land/viewer.htm

SBG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top