Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2003 6:59:01 PM EDT
I need info on AR lowers.  I'm in the mood to buy one (and possibly other stuff, too) tomorrow, and need as much info as possible.  Some say a lower is a lower is a lower, as all it does is hold the trigger group, that it's the upper that makes the difference.

What say ye, guys?
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, cannot help you. My Bushy lower came with a Bushy upper.

Would you know how to capture a video clip off a DVD?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Whats up there buddy...

I bought two DPMS forged lowers and they shoot as well as any other AR i've ever shot.

Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Nah, I can handle capturing video if necessary.  Would like to build my own AR.  I figure it's time, what with over a year on the site and all...  
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:11:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Whats up there buddy...

I bought two DPMS forged lowers and they shoot as well as any other AR i've ever shot.

DPMS would be among my top choices, since I am contemplating getting a DPMS upper as well.  I also can't rule out RRA or Bushy either.

Getting a Colt would be self-defeating.  

Anyone of the guys who went to the last fun show recall the aluminum billet receivers?  Who made those and how expensive were they?
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey, well, thanks for nuthin'!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:23:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey, well, thanks for nuthin'!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Shouldn't I be thanking you for nothing?  
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I did it first...see how it works!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I SEE it, but I don't think it WORKS.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well, I SEE it, but I don't think it WORKS.

Well, it works for me and that is all that matters. See, it's all about me.

Howdy j3_, haven't seen you in a while.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Three words: RRA
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Three words: RRA

More like three letters, but I get the point.

It's on the list to shop for tomorrow.  I think I'll be on the lookout for DPMS, Bushy, and RRA.  I saw something in another thread on the AR side of things that the ears around the front takedown pin needed to be ground down to accomodate a free-float tube on the Diamond receivers, so I'll keep that idea on the back burner for now.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Howdy from the NC mountains! I'm cruising along at a blistering 12000bps just seeing what's up.

I'm very happy with my RRA lower with the 2 stage NM trigger, I realy dig the feel of it and seems to make me more accurate with the little bit of pull on that second stage.
9 months ago those lowers were selling for about 400 +/-. It doesn't have the bushy hi-gloss finish but I kinda prefer the matte finish, you can buy the 2 stage national match 2 stage trigger by itself for 90 bucks.
Y'all have fun at the show, too bad i'm mising it.

gilfrd
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#13]
J3_, it's late and my brain is failing me.  School me on milled and forged receivers.  Plusses and minuses?
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the offer, j3_, but I think I have information to wing it tomorrow.  I'll just look for a good deal on stripped lowers and make my decision based on price point.

<edit: and on that note, I'm off to bed.  See most of you folks in the morning.>
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I thought we were collectively boycotting Century Arms for some reason or another.. something about conversion kits?? It hasn't been an issue with me so please correct me if I'm wrong, that was my impression.

I'm falling asleep on this piss poor connection, enjoy the show tomorrow  [>Q]
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:17:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes we are boycotting Century Arms due to the fact that the only way that they can get their POS FAL recivers moving is to put their competition in jail.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:21:45 AM EDT
[#17]
The FAL receiver issue alone is enough to steer me away from Century.  Nuf said.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top