Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2008 8:23:51 PM EDT
Yes yes...I'm slowly piecing together the new AR and getting my form 1 sent off soon.

So any local engravers in the area?

How much does it run to have a lower engraved?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 9:17:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure if this near your location, but from an earlier thread the guys recommended:

Bill Mains
Knightstown
(765) 445-9243
$40 for SBR engraving

HTH,
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Speak with Kent Parker at class3sales.com. The engraving sitn done in house, but by the time your Form 1 comes back the engraving should be done, if I remember correctly the cost is about 20 bucks.

Hes out of New Carlile, right outside of Laporte.
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 5:18:17 AM EDT
[#3]
He's not local, but I use Ryan at www.orion-arms.com in Minnesota. Comms are excellent, quality is good, pricing is quite reasonable ($30 for standard 2-line engraving in your choice of locations, plus return shipping/ins), and he's fast. Currently, his website shows a 3-4 week lead time, but he received my newest stripped lower on 4/4, and on 4/7 I received an automated Email from UPS that it was on its way back!! Can't beat that with a stick.

The one time I *did* use a local guy (who had come recommended by a fellow Class III enthusiast and former member of this board), he f*cked it up. Never again.

Here's a pic of the lower Ryan did for me a couple years ago to commemorate the birth of my son:

ETA - pics

Link Posted: 4/8/2008 8:07:02 AM EDT
[#4]
A place out here near me does em for $10 ea. I'm in Greenfield, about 15 min east of indy.
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Speak with Kent Parker at class3sales.com. The engraving sitn done in house, but by the time your Form 1 comes back the engraving should be done, if I remember correctly the cost is about 20 bucks.

Hes out of New Carlile, right outside of Laporte.

Awesome...I'm going w/ him...he's about 38 miles from me or so.

Thanks for all the recommendations.

I've seen some of Orion's work....it's hit or miss, as I thought about going w/ them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 6:06:23 AM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
A place out here near me does em for $10 ea. I'm in Greenfield, about 15 min east of indy.
I'm in Greenfield..Who does them here?
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#7]
PM sent.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
PM sent.

Never got your PM
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Pat- in my experience, Kent is a douche.  

You hung over from last night at the Registry?  
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 7:03:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Pat- in my experience, Kent is a douche.  

You hung over from last night at the Registry?  

Nope...felt great the next morning

I need to get that bitches phone number though.  I promise to post a full MS Paint diagram of the situation....if need be.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 4:14:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Here's two of my lowers engraved by Class 3 Sales in New Carlisle: Good people by the way.

Link Posted: 4/15/2008 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Here's two of my lowers engraved by Class 3 Sales in New Carlisle: Good people by the way.

www.kze7896.talkingrelics.com/images/Copy of flagml2.jpg

kze7896.talkingrelics.com/images/eng2.JPG

Looks good.  Thought about having the FBOP seal done on mine as they're technically helping me afford this .  Just one question...I thought laser engraving can't go deep enough for ATF standards.

So I guess my next question...has anyone had SBR engravings done by Class 3 Sales?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 4:30:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.kze7896.talkingrelics.com/images/Copy of flagml2.jpg

kze7896.talkingrelics.com/images/eng2.JPG

Looks good.  Thought about having the FBOP seal done on mine as they're technically helping me afford this .  Just one question...I thought laser engraving can't go deep enough for ATF standards.

So I guess my next question...has anyone had SBR engravings done by Class 3 Sales?

Thanks.

I dont have anything by Class 3 Sales, but I did have one done at a place in Greenwood. Its more of a machine shop and they have an industrial laser. It went plenty deep, but it cost $60.

It was done on the front of the magwell and it is perfect. Wished all my SBRs were done this way. $60 per SBR is just to high.

Almost like Shooter521s pic above.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top