Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/17/2020 5:59:48 PM
Posted: 4/7/2008 8:23:51 PM EDT
Yes yes...I'm slowly piecing together the new AR and getting my form 1 sent off soon.

So any local engravers in the area?

How much does it run to have a lower engraved?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 9:17:37 PM EDT
I'm not sure if this near your location, but from an earlier thread the guys recommended:

Bill Mains
Knightstown
(765) 445-9243
$40 for SBR engraving

HTH,
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 10:20:49 PM EDT
Speak with Kent Parker at class3sales.com. The engraving sitn done in house, but by the time your Form 1 comes back the engraving should be done, if I remember correctly the cost is about 20 bucks.

Hes out of New Carlile, right outside of Laporte.
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 5:18:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/8/2008 5:25:27 AM EDT by Shooter521]
He's not local, but I use Ryan at www.orion-arms.com in Minnesota. Comms are excellent, quality is good, pricing is quite reasonable ($30 for standard 2-line engraving in your choice of locations, plus return shipping/ins), and he's fast. Currently, his website shows a 3-4 week lead time, but he received my newest stripped lower on 4/4, and on 4/7 I received an automated Email from UPS that it was on its way back!! Can't beat that with a stick.

The one time I *did* use a local guy (who had come recommended by a fellow Class III enthusiast and former member of this board), he f*cked it up. Never again.

Here's a pic of the lower Ryan did for me a couple years ago to commemorate the birth of my son:

ETA - pics

Link Posted: 4/8/2008 8:07:02 AM EDT
A place out here near me does em for $10 ea. I'm in Greenfield, about 15 min east of indy.
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 3:02:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SERVED_USMC:
Speak with Kent Parker at class3sales.com. The engraving sitn done in house, but by the time your Form 1 comes back the engraving should be done, if I remember correctly the cost is about 20 bucks.

Hes out of New Carlile, right outside of Laporte.

Awesome...I'm going w/ him...he's about 38 miles from me or so.

Thanks for all the recommendations.

I've seen some of Orion's work....it's hit or miss, as I thought about going w/ them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 6:06:23 AM EDT
height=8
Originally Posted By brdvictim:
A place out here near me does em for $10 ea. I'm in Greenfield, about 15 min east of indy.
I'm in Greenfield..Who does them here?
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 9:20:17 AM EDT
PM sent.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 3:53:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By brdvictim:
PM sent.

Never got your PM
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 7:01:16 PM EDT
Pat- in my experience, Kent is a douche.  

You hung over from last night at the Registry?  
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 7:03:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Cadd_Dude:
Pat- in my experience, Kent is a douche.  

You hung over from last night at the Registry?  

Nope...felt great the next morning

I need to get that bitches phone number though.  I promise to post a full MS Paint diagram of the situation....if need be.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 4:14:12 AM EDT
Here's two of my lowers engraved by Class 3 Sales in New Carlisle: Good people by the way.

Link Posted: 4/15/2008 3:43:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ruxpin:
Here's two of my lowers engraved by Class 3 Sales in New Carlisle: Good people by the way.

www.kze7896.talkingrelics.com/images/Copy of flagml2.jpg

kze7896.talkingrelics.com/images/eng2.JPG

Looks good.  Thought about having the FBOP seal done on mine as they're technically helping me afford this .  Just one question...I thought laser engraving can't go deep enough for ATF standards.

So I guess my next question...has anyone had SBR engravings done by Class 3 Sales?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 4:30:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/18/2008 4:33:59 AM EDT by WHITE_WOLFE]

Originally Posted By fivepointoh:

Originally Posted By Ruxpin:

www.kze7896.talkingrelics.com/images/Copy of flagml2.jpg

kze7896.talkingrelics.com/images/eng2.JPG

Looks good.  Thought about having the FBOP seal done on mine as they're technically helping me afford this .  Just one question...I thought laser engraving can't go deep enough for ATF standards.

So I guess my next question...has anyone had SBR engravings done by Class 3 Sales?

Thanks.

I dont have anything by Class 3 Sales, but I did have one done at a place in Greenwood. Its more of a machine shop and they have an industrial laser. It went plenty deep, but it cost $60.

It was done on the front of the magwell and it is perfect. Wished all my SBRs were done this way. $60 per SBR is just to high.

Almost like Shooter521s pic above.
Top Top