Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2011 6:36:31 PM EDT
I think I am going to get one for my .22LR savage mark ii.

Any good links on a read through?

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out the suppresors forum on here. Should find all the info you need there. I am actualy in the process of getting my first can as well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Just go the tust or corporation route. Get a lawyer to set on up for you. Or set one up with a software and then get a lawyer to add in the NFA language so you won't get in trouble decades down the road when they process your trust in court(if something happens to you). Just because ATF approves it, doesn't mean it's ok many years down the road. ATF is not a law firm checking over your trust for you. They just want that $200 tax and if it's good enough for government work they will approve it. For legal stuff against the U.S. Government, I prefer zero loop holes and 0% possibility of me doing 10 years in Federal prison.
useful links:
pros and cons of trust and corporations
here too
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The dealer you decide on will guide you through the process whether local or otherwise and most manufactures will have some FAQ on their websites.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I have to agree with the trust route....That or a corp may be your only options if you live in certain counties, Adams being one of them. The Adams county sheriff would not even return my calls about signing off on a Form 4.

I had decent luck at Jensen's up in Ft Collins and there are several other places Denver Bullets comes to mind and possibly machine gun tours....

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there something specific you are looking to know about?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I am not sure as to where the OP is at but if he is willing to drive we could probably set him up with a listen to most of what is out there...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top