Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/9/2005 8:42:31 PM EDT
Looking into joining the N.G....17 to 40 yrs...sign up bonus...AAS in Criminal Justice...ten years corrections experiance...currently a supervisor.....32 yrs old....looking for money for school....wished I would have joined when I was out of school but didnt...completely.....took the first oath and got screwed by the recruiter..leave date was postponed so I bailed....regretted it ever since...is this a chance to relive by youth or bad mistake?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:50:14 PM EDT
If you go in make sure it is because it works for you now, not to make up for bailing before.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:44:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:26:36 AM EDT
I'll give you one - an opinion that is.

I joined late in life at 28. I was the oldest and without a doubt the most life experienced in my basic flight and in my tech school flight. That meant I was responsible a lot for 17-22 year old kids.

Once I completed that mind game, the experiences that followed were priceless, and I am ever glad that I did it.

Think it through - the first little bit is a mind game that is pretty taxing for an older thinker - but it taught me things as well. If you can make it through that bit in your head, the rest is gravy.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:00:41 AM EDT
You'll be glad you did. It's nice to be a part of something bigger than your life.
Top Top