Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2013 8:51:36 AM EDT
Has anyone here been through MMI or know someone who has?  I have been on the website and also spoke with Lisa at admissions but I would like to hear some first hand accounts of what the training is like.  If anyone has any information I would love to hear it.  I would be uprooting my family and starting from scratch in a new state.  If the school is not what it seems I would rather not take the chance.  Thanks.

Cross posted in Team General Discussion.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Has anyone here been through MMI or know someone who has?  I have been on the website and also spoke with Lisa at admissions but I would like to hear some first hand accounts of what the training is like.  If anyone has any information I would love to hear it.  I would be uprooting my family and starting from scratch in a new state.  If the school is not what it seems I would rather not take the chance.  Thanks.

Cross posted in Team General Discussion.

I would give it some serious thought not because of the school but the boating industry as a whole has taken a major nose dive in the last decade, there used to be several manufactures in the area , Wel Craft, Chris craft, donzi, and a few other smaller ones, now gone or consolidated into one brand. The only thing keeping the once admired Innovation marine engines in business is a .gov contract for the navy. I'm not sure if you could make a decent living while and the whole pain of a start up business ect... Look at a different career.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
It advertises on TV, so there's an indication of quality.

There's also more marine mechanics out there than the market can support with the current economic situation. You'd do better going into automotive and getting ASE certified.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:53:46 PM EDT
[#3]
A key things to look at when looking at MMI or any other school like it is that they are "for-profit" unlike most educational institutions throughout our nation.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:14:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the feedback.  I was hoping it would be the opposite as that looks like a fun profession.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 4:01:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Graduated from there in 2001. Like any schooling you're only going to get out of it what you put in. Economy did hurt the industry, but there are well paying jobs out there. Let me know if you want to anything else.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Learn to be a pilot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top