Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/31/2011 6:15:36 PM EDT
I want to get into archery/bowhunting, but want to find a shop that is interested in helping me get the proper setup without trying to force a sale as soon as I walk in.

Appreciate the help
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:57:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Chevyguy1911:
I want to get into archery/bowhunting, but want to find a shop that is interested in helping me get the proper setup without trying to force a sale as soon as I walk in.

Appreciate the help
Im not sure how far you are willing to drive. And i dont even know if he is still in business. Hals gun shop in Bartow Fl. was really good to me.
I used to live down there 7 yrs ago, and he hooked me up. There was also a shop there in Lakeland Fl That deals in Hoyt.

Hals' top of the line bow at that time was Matthews. I did a google search for his shop and it pulls up some numbers for him so maybe good to go.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:57:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2011 6:59:59 PM EDT by TZapp]
Double tap
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:48:37 AM EDT
Jeff The Pro formerly from Shoot Straight has set up shop @ D& E outdoors( shared building with D& E Do it Best Hardware) in Mims, on north U.S. 1, North of Titusville. He works with Hoyt, Bo-Tech, Matthews. I have no personal experience,, but he is highly reccomended and has a good rep with people I know. Other than that, Bass Pro has some pros on staff, and they sell bows at Gander Mountain in Lake Mary, can't speak to the abilities of their staff though, I don't know one way or the other.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:31:17 PM EDT
There is a pawn shop on E. Colonial near Dean Rd that has archery equipment and last time I was there the guy was pretty knowledgeable. Gander Mnt and BassPro have equipment but I wouldn't put any confidence in their "techs".
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 4:25:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By gunnut284:
There is a pawn shop on E. Colonial near Dean Rd that has archery equipment and last time I was there the guy was pretty knowledgeable. Gander Mnt and BassPro have equipment but I wouldn't put any confidence in their "techs".

Is that the 'Pawn Shop We Buy Guns' yellow sign outside place?

Last time I went in there, I got a guy explaining to me why the taurus judge was the best; and why nobody wins in a knife fight.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 11:06:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:

Originally Posted By gunnut284:

Is that the 'Pawn Shop We Buy Guns' yellow sign outside place?

Last time I went in there, I got a guy explaining to me why the taurus judge was the best; and why nobody wins in a knife fight.

I'm not sure, there are several pawn shops in that area. I think it was the first one west of Dean on the north side of the road. If Joe is still there he knows his way around a bow.
Top Top