Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2011 6:15:36 PM EDT
I want to get into archery/bowhunting, but want to find a shop that is interested in helping me get the proper setup without trying to force a sale as soon as I walk in.

Appreciate the help
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I want to get into archery/bowhunting, but want to find a shop that is interested in helping me get the proper setup without trying to force a sale as soon as I walk in.

Appreciate the help
Im not sure how far you are willing to drive. And i dont even know if he is still in business. Hals gun shop in Bartow Fl. was really good to me.

I used to live down there 7 yrs ago, and he hooked me up. There was also a shop there in Lakeland Fl That deals in Hoyt.

Hals' top of the line bow at that time was Matthews. I did a google search for his shop and it pulls up some numbers for him so maybe good to go.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Double tap

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Jeff The Pro formerly from Shoot Straight has set up shop @ D& E outdoors( shared building with D& E Do it Best Hardware) in Mims, on north U.S. 1, North of Titusville. He works with Hoyt, Bo-Tech, Matthews. I have no personal experience,, but he is highly reccomended and has a good rep with people I know. Other than that, Bass Pro has some pros on staff, and they sell bows at Gander Mountain in Lake Mary, can't speak to the abilities of their staff though, I don't know one way or the other.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a pawn shop on E. Colonial near Dean Rd that has archery equipment and last time I was there the guy was pretty knowledgeable. Gander Mnt and BassPro have equipment but I wouldn't put any confidence in their "techs".
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 4:25:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

There is a pawn shop on E. Colonial near Dean Rd that has archery equipment and last time I was there the guy was pretty knowledgeable. Gander Mnt and BassPro have equipment but I wouldn't put any confidence in their "techs".

Is that the 'Pawn Shop We Buy Guns' yellow sign outside place?

Last time I went in there, I got a guy explaining to me why the taurus judge was the best; and why nobody wins in a knife fight.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 11:06:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that the 'Pawn Shop We Buy Guns' yellow sign outside place?

Last time I went in there, I got a guy explaining to me why the taurus judge was the best; and why nobody wins in a knife fight.

I'm not sure, there are several pawn shops in that area. I think it was the first one west of Dean on the north side of the road. If Joe is still there he knows his way around a bow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top