Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2005 1:48:34 PM EDT
Any good and inexpensive land to be had in Ohio and or Kentucky? Looking to get out of the City. I want to buy around 2 to 20 acres of land. Interested in the Southern half of Ohio and any where in Kentucky. Any other suggested areas? Would like to live and hunt on my own land.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Harrison,Grant,and Owen have good land,near I-75/US25/US27,and Lexington/Georgetown,Northern Ky/Cincinnati areas. Scott is getting rather expensive and built-up with Toyotians.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:37:41 AM EDT
[#2]
depends on what you consider inexpensive land.  Also depends on what you want to do with the land. Of course, to build on, you may have to meet minimum acreage.

Lots of land in Ky is what i call cheap if you want to live way out.  As with everywhere, the closer in to the city, the more you pay. There is lots of land in Anderson County (convenient to Frankfort and Lexington...and about 45 minutes from Louisivlle) for $5-7K an acre depending on what and where you want.

Essayons
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 8:36:58 AM EDT
[#3]
You may want to open up your search to Indiana as well. We plan to buy some property as well in the next year so (hell, it's just about the only way to get a decent place to shoot around here).

In the S.W. Ohio\N-KY area, land is getting pretty pricey unless you are willing to go pretty far out. Also there's a reason why they refer to the rolling hills of KY!

But you can still go west of Cincy in IN and find some nice properties that actually have some flat usable areas and aren't too far out or overly expensive. IN gun laws are almost as good as KY's and both are much better then OH's which is something you should be considering.

Edit to add -

Here's a good web site for property in the tri-state area...

www.countrytyme.com/

and here's one in specific in Carrol County that's not priced badly and not too far out. The "lots" are kind of small for hunting\shooting but would make nice "home" sites.

Dividing Ridge
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 12:49:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
depends on what you consider inexpensive land.  Also depends on what you want to do with the land. Of course, to build on, you may have to meet minimum acreage.

Lots of land in Ky is what i call cheap if you want to live way out.  As with everywhere, the closer in to the city, the more you pay. There is lots of land in Anderson County (convenient to Frankfort and Lexington...and about 45 minutes from Louisivlle) for $5-7K an acre depending on what and where you want.

Essayons

+1 on Anderson County,beautiful land there,also on the way to Knob Creek via BG pkwy. And My Jack Russell's from Andreson Co,must be a good place!
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 5:38:53 AM EDT
[#5]
ah but land in AC is shooting up because of lots of people fleeing Lexington and frankfort FOR the cheaper land. Even Mercer Co. (south of AC) is rising.

One good thing though, is we do have a decent, cheaply priced, convenient range right at the BG Parkway and only 3 miles from my house  see  

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/acsportsmensclub/  

Essayons

Edited: You have to be a member to shoot there and no guests are allowed unfortunately (the only downside to the range IMHO)
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmmmm,just might have to make an excuse to visit Mom in Versailles and go visit that range.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#7]
We live in Metcale County (South Central Kentucky) and land here isn't bad.  Seems to be going for about $2000 - $4000 an acrea depending how much you buy and what kind of land you want.  It's a nice area, 20 minutes to Glasgow which has plenty of shopping and some good places to eat.  It's about 50 minutes to Bowling Green and not a bad drive down to Nashville.  John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top