Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2007 11:14:18 AM EDT
I am looking for central Oklahoma fishing reports or forums.  I have had open heart surgery and have a month to do nothing but fish.  I live in Edmond and am looking for somewhere to sit on a bank and heal.  Anybody have any links?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
My buddy and I have been fishing at Waurika Lake and the hybrids are bitting very good, but fishing for hybrids require a lot of physical though because they fight really hard.  You might want to try Lake Hefner (closer to your home), they have a couple of enclosed dock that you can fish for crappies, get you some minows or use a light action rod with a little jig, 1/16 feather looking jig works real good for crappies.  I hope you feel better soon, take care.

Tim

Here are some pictures of the hybrids that we caught at Waurika Lake.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 1:06:08 PM EDT
[#2]
OKiehunter39 there's a place off of N. MacArther, south of 122nd, that has some good bass you can catch off the bank.

If you wanna go sometime, IM me and I'll show you where it's at!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
OKiehunter39 there's a place off of N. MacArther, south of 122nd, that has some good bass you can catch off the bank.

i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/danc46/FebBass3.jpg

golf course ponds don't count
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:55:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/danc46/FebBass3.jpg

golf course ponds don't count

You fish golf course ponds late at night, preferably on a full moon about 1:00 AM or so if you want to be "uninterrupted'! You throw a dark lure, not a light one, for good bass. Early May is the best time to do it, too.
It always worked for me anyway.
How do you fish golf ponds, Ndenway?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I am not working hard to catch fish.  That would defeat the purpose.  I am just wanting a place to set in the sun and catfish.  Those hybrids look great though!  Thank you for all the responses.   Uh, moving through a golf course at 1 am is a bit much as well.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I like to fish'em about 10am, that way I got an audience when I'm out there imitating don wallace realin' them bass and crappie in.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#7]
For real, who the hell is Don Wallace?  

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

man he used to have a fishing show on channel 4 that aired every saturday afternoon way back in the 70's, the sonofabitch reeled a fish in everytime he made a cast.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

man he used to have a fishing show on channel 4 that aired every saturday afternoon way back in the 70's, the sonofabitch reeled a fish in everytime he made a cast.

No wonder, I didnot know who he is.  He must be fishing at a private lake or the tv crews cut out the parts when he is not catching anything .
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I am not working hard to catch fish.  That would defeat the purpose.  I am just wanting a place to set in the sun and catfish.  Those hybrids look great though!  Thank you for all the responses.   Uh, moving through a golf course at 1 am is a bit much as well.  

It ain't on a golf course. It's the creek that feeds Ski Island and goes through to the nature park off of Memorial west of Mercy Hospital.
You park your car, get out your fishing gear, and walk down hill about 30 yds. You park in a church parking lot. The homes in the picture above are town homes on bank of the creek. The nearest golf courses are Gallardia and the Greens, both a couple miles away.
Matt has caught several big bass there over the years, from 5 to 8 lbs. There are also lots of perch and catfish.
Every time the rains hit and causes Ski Island to overflow, the fishing is great for a month or so.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought fishing in the nature park was a no no?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:39:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's NOT in Martin's Nature Park. It's the same stream, but 3/4 of a mile from the southwest corner of the nature park, and 1/2 mile from the Ski Island Damn on Hefner Road.
The creek even runs behind PatrickCudd's old business, a fast oil change. It crosses MacArther a few yards south of 122nd.

Yup....I know that creek.  I saw some guys noodling some cats out of it a few years ago.  I'd be a tad worried to eat the fish from it though.  Think of all the weed killer and fertalizer.......

yep man, thats why the golf course fish are catch and release, they put some chemical in the water to keep the moss and cat tails out, its in the fish and will make you sicker than hell if you eat them.

the fish are still fun to catch though, way back when I caught a channel cat that weight 15lbs on ultra light gear and 4lb line at the trails course in norman,

I was running up and down the bank trying to get it in without breaking the line, I fought it for about 20 minutes before landing it,

when I picked it up outta the water a bunch of people started clapping and hollaring, bout scared the shit outta me, I didn't notice I had an audience,

the the course nazi chased me and my buds off and told us we couldn't be out there without a club membership,

hell it didn't stop us though, theres some really nice fish in those ponds and they'll bite on nearly anything, I caught the cat on a cheetoe.

another good spot in norman is out on the canadian river after a good rain, you gotta have a 4X to get out there though, and the 36 street and lindsay street entrances are blocked off now, but you can still get of the river by where the old riverside drive in was, theres an apartment complex there now and at the end of jenkins street,

the water comes up and when it receeds it leaves a lot of small pools full of fish, its good fishing in there for a week or two until they dry up,

we used to run into a bunch of blacks, vietnamese and arabs down there seining truck loads of fish outta the pools.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:35:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I snuck into a pond once and had the ranger and landowner come looking for me. I saw them first - they never saw me. I had to leave the stringer in the pond until I had to come back and get it that night.
When I got back to the road, the ranger's truck was parked a little way behind mine. I was gone in a moment and I'm sure they heard me leave.
I brought the stringer to my parent's house to clean the fish. My dad almost had a heart attack at the size and number of bass on the stringer. It was about 10:30 at night when I showed up to clean and freeze the fish.
He asked me where and what I caught them on. When I told him where and what happened, he thought it was hilarious. He laughed about it for years.
The things you do when you are younger sometimes is both lucky and dumb.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I was using white jigs for the sand bass, and fresh shad and worms for catfish.  The cats were not biting while I was there.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top