Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2012 4:57:13 PM EDT
I sometimes have to go to MD for work (Gaithersburg, Bethesda, sometimes down to DC or Virginia.

Are there any good army/navy surplus or gun shops in the area?  All I've been able to find is Full Metal Jacket down in Alexandria VA.  It's good, but I bought all the interesting stuff they had

I sometimes drive back up to NY so anything through NJ or Philly or within an hour's drive of the I-95 corridor would be interesting...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 11:27:12 PM EDT
[#1]
H & H Outdoors

(410) 752-2580

424 N Eutaw St
Baltimore, MD 21201

Not what it used to be but the last old school surplus place in the area.
The old Black guy who runs the basement surplus area is a Korea vet and knows how everything works.
If he's not there, you might encounter suck. The guy who owns the place is kind of an asshole.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 7:11:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I forgot to mention I actually went to H&H.  Someone on Ar15.com posted about it (perhaps it was you :-)

Yes the basement is the place to be, there was some military surplus down there.  I talked to the guy you mentioned, he said they don't do much surplus any more

Upstairs, some weird guy followed me around for a while asking what I wanted to buy...

The store is not in the greatest neighborhood.
Link Posted: 1/23/2012 1:32:42 AM EDT
[#3]
ranger surplus in tysons... Its kind of airsofty... not very surplusy either... but still a cool spot to visit

http://rangersurplus.com/
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool, I will check them out.  I see a 10% coupon on their site too.  

Also Sarco moved from NJ to PA, it's a bit out of the way but certainly drivable.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 3:29:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Just south of Gaithersburg theres a Ranger Surplus in Rockville. Also theres Atlantic Guns in Rockville. They are within 1/4 mile of each other.
Atlantic has another store in Silver Spring if you are in Bethesda it would be close. Ranger Surplus also has a store in Bethesda.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I ended up going back to Full Metal Jacket again.  The only new place I tried was the Ranger Surplus in VA only.  I didn't buy anything but it wasn't bad, I would definitely check out the other two just to see if they have anything different.

Thanks to all for the tips.

I had always heard that the best surplus stores were near military bases.  With all the military presence in this area (Andrews, Fort Meade, Aberdeen, Annapolis, Quantico, Langley, Fort Myer, etc) I am surprised there aren't better surplus stores!
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:25:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top