Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2003 6:44:32 PM EDT
   I just put an Oly standard 20" A2 kit on a Mega lower.  I broke the barrel in this weekend and it sems to shoot as well as I can see, but the rear sight block has some rotational slop in it, and it bothers me.  I'm considering some NM sights to tighten it up.  The handgaurd wiggles a little also. I live just Northwest of Ft. Worth (Azle), and wanted to know if there was a competent AR smith in the area that I could discuss my concerns with. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#1]
i dont know of any ar smiths in town. best is K2 in richardson.

for what it's worth, everything you describe is normal for every ar variant i've ever held. the rear sight should have a spring in it that holds it from flopping around. the spring is on the left side of the base and pushes on the carrying handle. dont know much about a NM sight, but it might help. the handguards are loose? no clue how to fix it. if you find out, let me know, mine move more than i'd like, but no so much that i am too worried.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#2]
   Well I'm glad to hear that the sight slop is normal.  The sight is held steady by the spring, it just rests crooked against the carry handle and doesn't look right. The rifle shoots fine @ 100yds. Maybe iI shouldn't be so picky. I'm thinking of putting a DCM FF tube under the handgaurd. I don't know if that's the solution, but I feel that it won't affect pressure against the barrel as much. Thanks for your input.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top