Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/24/2004 11:16:49 AM EST
I am getting ready to buy a new barrel and was debating between a BM 16" M4 Dissy and a 14.5" M4 w vortex. I already have a 20" A3. Does any one on this board own a Dissy and could give me their opinion? Thanks

Robert Morris
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:24:02 AM EST
I used to have one. I liked the way it handled and the fact that your extremities were protected from the hot barrel. I also liked the full length handguards. The only reason I sold it is because I'm fickle like that, but I recently considered cutting a Colt 20" down to 16" or 18".
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:58:12 PM EST
But...if you are interested in seeing the dissy that Bradd_D used to own, I'm sure I could get its current owner to rustle up some pics
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:59:44 PM EST
If you want to use irons, go for it. Otherwise there are better things.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:00:04 PM EST
Hey i might know that fella! Think he still has that dissy in his gun locker. Might have to check. Might think about sellin it here pretty soon, not sure yet.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:02:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By ATLGA:
Hey i might know that fella! Think he still has that dissy in his gun locker. Might have to check. Might think about sellin it here pretty soon, not sure yet.

Brings a tear to my eye everytime I see you shoot it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:31:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By ATLGA:

Ok, who are you and what did you do with the real ATLGA?!?! He used to come out for shoots! Now you are selling his guns!?!?!?

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:30:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/24/2004 6:31:43 PM EST by rmorris02]
Combat_Jack, I will be using irons to start with, However would eventually get optics probably Eotech. As I said in my post, I already have a Bushy 20" NM. This would be more for defense, tactical matches. If I have to go back to Iraq, Uncle Sam will take care of my needs. So what would you recommend? Thanks

Robert Morris
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:35:55 PM EST
Ghost_Shooter, I would like to see any Pictures you could get. Actually, I would like to get my hands on one and shoulder it to see how it felt before I get one. I chose the M4 Dissy mainly because it makes it lighter. That seemed to be one of the complaints of the original Dissy. Thanks

Robert Morris
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:37:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By rmorris02:
Combat_Jack, I will be using irons to start with, However would eventually get optics probably Eotech. As I said in my post, I already have a Bushy 20" NM. This would be more for defense, tactical matches. If I have to go back to Iraq, Uncle Sam will take care of my needs. So what would you recommend? Thanks

Robert Morris

I don't like the dual gas block of the dissipators. I would prefer a mid length or a rifle w shortened with the gas port opened. Maybe A3 with an LMT BUIS or cut carry handle.
Top Top