Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2015 7:01:03 PM EDT
Heading to Nashville next weekend with the wife. Any awesome restaurants you guys can recommend?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Golden Corral
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#2]
What's your price range?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's your price range?
View Quote

Reasonable.  Nothing too fancy, but not fast food either.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I like The Old Spaghetti Factory on 2nd Ave. Also on 2nd Ave., The Melting Pot has been voted "most romantic restaurant" for about 50 years running.

Merchants on Lower Broad has a good rep. Ruth Chris' & Morton's are known for their steaks. Might also add Stockyard to local flavor restaurants.

My .o2
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I like The Old Spaghetti Factory on 2nd Ave. Also on 2nd Ave., The Melting Pot has been voted "most romantic restaurant" for about 50 years running.

Merchants on Lower Broad has a good rep. Ruth Chris' & Morton's are known for their steaks. Might also add Stockyard to local flavor restaurants.

My .o2
View Quote

There you go again with the Spaghetti Factory. It's a well decorated Fazolis.  While my wife likes The Melting Pot, I have issues with going to a restaurant, paying $100 for dinner and having to cook it myself.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Kane Prime, Verago, Palm, Boundry, Giovanni, Water Mark...
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There you go again with the Spaghetti Factory. It's a well decorated Fazolis.  While my wife likes The Melting Pot, I have issues with going to a restaurant, paying $100 for dinner and having to cook it myself.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My .o2

I have to side with Mike on this one. It seemed like a nice place the last time I ate there.... in the 8th grade. It is on the busiest tourist avenue in Nashville, so it gets a ton of business from out-of-towners, but they are their demographic, too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 9:58:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Bricktops, J.Alexanders (if you don't have them where you hail from), Jimmy Kelly's
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:33:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Do they do BBQ in Nashville?  If so, what kind?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:36:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Martin's, Edley's, and Peg Leg Porker. Mostly Memphis style here.

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 3:11:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My .o2
View Quote

I was gonna say The Stockyard as well until he said "reasonable price". If I had unlimited funds, I would eat at The Stockyard every visit to Nashville.

There was a good rib joint on a corner on Broad. Can't remember the name, but it was a guy's name.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 7:35:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There you go again with the Spaghetti Factory. It's a well decorated Fazolis.  
View Quote

I can't help it if you don't like good food & bread..............    
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:53:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My .o2
View Quote

next door to the melting pot is rodizios brazilian steakhouse.   as brazilian steakhouses go, it's average, but compared to other types of restaurants it's awesome.  I think the meat is about as good as you'd get at ruth chris or morton, and it's all you can eat. salad bar is as good as you'll find in town.   the all you can eat grilled pineapple glazed with brown sugar is worth the $32 or so per head all by itself
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 4:08:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I work at Dalt's on White Bridge Rd....it is across the street from J. Alexanders...there aee a bunch of other restaurants in that area...Dalts is gonna be $8-15 per person...it is decent and a good family restaurant, but i dont know about "cant miss"
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#16]
The Southern - 3rd Ave S (Live oyster bar, amazing seafood)
Merchants - Broadway
Puckett's - Church St
Pub 5 - 4th Ave S
Hattie B's - Off West End Ave
Prince's Hot Chicken - Google the address
Party Fowl - 8th Ave S
Edley's BBQ - 12th Ave S

Drunk at 3am?  Paradise Park (Broadway) and/or Luigi's Pizza (3rd Ave S)... good chance you'll run into me there at that hour

Feeling fancy?  Etch - Demonbreun St

Want a tasty Nashville alcoholic beverage?  Order a Bushwacker from Broadway Brewhouse (Broadway), Rebar (Division St), or Edley's BBQ

Are you into cool places to grab a fantastic cocktail?  Go to Patterson House.  Mixology bar that is decorated like a 1920's speakeasy.  Even the employees are in proper attire.  Awesome place if you're willing to wait.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:43:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's dry rub, right?  If so, I'm in.  I hate the wet Carolina style.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, ribs around here are usually dry rub.

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I think we'll check out Edley's...unless there's a better BBQ place you guys can think of.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:03:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm a big fan of mikado if you want jap hibachi. Also like judge beans bbq in brentwood. Hard to beat the melting pot though if you are bringing a date. I have tried rodizio but it was no where as good as the brazillian steakhouse in Knoxville so I do not recommend it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My .o2

Actually I ate there just last night.  The OSF wasn't too expensive.  (Had the olive tapenade on toast for breakfast this morning). Opted not to go to the Melting Pot cos ...  I like my fondue to be meat-based, not cheese or chocolate.  

Other places to check out - hot chicken.  haven't tried prince's yet but I've had Hatti B's & Pepperfire.  both are good.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm a big fan of mikado if you want jap hibachi. Also like judge beans bbq in brentwood. Hard to beat the melting pot though if you are bringing a date. I have tried rodizio but it was no where as good as the brazillian steakhouse in Knoxville so I do not recommend it.
View Quote

Oh man I forget about Judge Beans.  Love the BBQ Nachos and cowboy beans.  Excellent suggestion.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:35:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Actually I ate there just last night.  The OSF wasn't too expensive.  (Had the olive tapenade on toast for breakfast this morning). Opted not to go to the Melting Pot cos ...  I like my fondue to be meat-based, not cheese or chocolate.  

Other places to check out - hot chicken.  haven't tried prince's yet but I've had Hatti B's & Pepperfire.  both are good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My .o2

As for hot checken, Prince':s is the best for hotness, Bolton's is best for flavor, and Pepperfire has the Royale (pepperjack geill cheese sandwich topped with pickles and ultra hot chicken fingers)...all of em are a stones throw from my house and all are awesome!
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:53:28 PM EDT
[#24]
I went to The Spaghetti Factory for the first time the other day, since the first three restaurants I went to were closed.

It was OK.  I think it was a good value for downtown, where you can accidentally spend twice what you planned on.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I found it curious that the entire staff was black, except for the bartender.  I haven't seen a staff that homogenous in the whole city.  The Brazilian place has staff from all over the world.

I'd go there again in a pinch.  

Merchants is my go-to for dinner, though.

Don't go to Pucketts.  It's not that it isn't good, it's that I'm sick of waiting for a seat.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:06:27 AM EDT
[#25]
No one has mentioned the Mexican food.  I have been EVERYWHERE.  Nashville is full of Mexicans.  There is some of the best mexcian food I have ever had.  Casa Fiesta, La Hacienda - East Nashville not my fav mexican though.  The hole in the walls and taco trucks are awesome.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:20:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No one has mentioned the Mexican food.  I have been EVERYWHERE.  Nashville is full of Mexicans.  There is some of the best mexcian food I have ever had.  Casa Fiesta, La Hacienda - East Nashville not my fav mexican though.  The hole in the walls and taco trucks are awesome.
View Quote

My wife likes Cantina Laredo but personally I think trying to make Mexican food fancy and expensive is just plain silly. I look for the hole in the wall Mexican places that the menu is in Spanish about the register and has Horchata and choices like tongue or brains.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of those three, which is the best?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a matter of debate between some folks. I like Edley's.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#29]
I had lunch at Pharmacy Burger the last time I was there and it was awesome.

The beer selection was outstanding.

The line is down the street so I advise getting there when they open at 11:00am.

Their Curry Wurst is so good it defies logic and gave me a multiple food-gasm.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I work at Dalt's on White Bridge Rd....it is across the street from J. Alexanders...there aee a bunch of other restaurants in that area...Dalts is gonna be $8-15 per person...it is decent and a good family restaurant, but i dont know about "cant miss"
View Quote

In the 2008-2010 timeframe I would eat at / take out Dalts 2-3x a week.

I lived off WB at the time

Awesome food.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like Edley's is off the table since according to their website, they don't serve ribs until dinner.  We'll be rolling into town around 11:00 AM.  The only thing I really want is ribs.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

La Jalisence (sp?) On gallatin just past trinity...authentic mexican, best around
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Looks like Edley's is off the table since according to their website, they don't serve ribs until dinner.  We'll be rolling into town around 11:00 AM.  The only thing I really want is ribs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lunch time? You need to get the Tuck Special. Mmmmm

Tuck Special

brisket sandwich, house made spicy pimento cheese,

over easy egg, red and white sauce, pickles

$8, $10 (w/2 sides)

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:13:57 AM EDT
[#34]

I am really digging Cook Out on West End Blvd.

Link to Menu

It is a chain out of NC but the first in Nashville.  Not food that is going to be famous, but everything I had gotten there has been really good.  O yea, pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:46:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Ended up going to Peg Leg Porker.  It was ok.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Next time you're around, get some ribs from Slow & Low over off Charlotte in west Nashville. Their beef brisket and ribs are awesome, as are their sauces.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:42:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Pharmacy burger is legit too. As for hot chicken I prefer pepper fire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top