User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2012 1:00:14 PM EDT
Seriously, how bad is it
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#1]
The best part was the negligent discharge this morning
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Niiiiiiice. I walked through this afternoon and wasnt tempted by much. There was a model 12 for 225 that I wanted to buy but oh well
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Was there early on Friday, I was blown away with how busy it was.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Wasnt too bad today although we didn't get there till 4:30. They still had small pistol primers so that is all I cared about. Glad I didn't bring cash or else I would have bought that shotgun
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought they couldn't sell primers and powder.  That's why I didn't go.  Stopped at Sportman's and asked if they had a keg of Unique and the sales guy walked out with one, so I followed his lead.

Semper Fi,

Luis R.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Why would they not be able to sell primers and powder????
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Went on Saturday with a friend who had never been to the "Big" show...as usual; WAY overpriced goods, crap from the Civil War, crusty retailers that wouldn't give you the time of day unless you were in WW 2, a total sausage-fest.

Was thinking that I would run into my "good buddy" from the range ;-)
Too bad he wasn't there...or that he wasn't standing in front of the guy who ND'ed.

I did pick up some pieces and parts that I negotiated down and the guys from Clips-n-Mags were selling P-Mags for $12 (had to get a couple more anyway).

The ironic part to all of this is hearing the booth-holders complain about "the tire kickers"...
Hey, MORONS! Here's an idea, if you are going to sell your products at a gun show in a city that has 3 BIG box stores and a handful of other gun retailers within 15 minutes of your geographic location...ummm, maybe do your homework and price things out accordingly.
It's called running a business...you might want to look into it.

Rant off.

Keep The High Ground,

G
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Went today (Sunday morning) to buy one specific item.
Got it right off, and found nothing else of interest.
Might have helped if fewer vendors had not covered their tables, been packing up, or already gone by noon!

Looked at a few overpriced SMLE's only because I always need more.

Saw several bayonets that I used to lust after before I sold my collection, so I didn't even annoy the vendor by asking for prices.

Had a De Lisle .45 with me to see the reaction, which was mostly utter ignorance.
Maybe three guys in the whole show recognized it, and one of them was from Australia.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:50:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why would they not be able to sell primers and powder????

Had heard some time back that the Hilton (tells you how far back) wouldn't let them.  ammo was OK, but no powder/primers.  Just kinda assumed that it was still in effect.  Haven't been to a show there for over 4yrs.

Semper Fi,

Luis R.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Went on Saturday with a friend who had never been to the "Big" show...as usual; WAY overpriced goods, crap from the Civil War, crusty retailers that wouldn't give you the time of day unless you were in WW 2, a total sausage-fest.

Was thinking that I would run into my "good buddy" from the range ;-)
Too bad he wasn't there...or that he wasn't standing in front of the guy who ND'ed.

I did pick up some pieces and parts that I negotiated down and the guys from Clips-n-Mags were selling P-Mags for $12 (had to get a couple more anyway).

The ironic part to all of this is hearing the booth-holders complain about "the tire kickers"...
Hey, MORONS! Here's an idea, if you are going to sell your products at a gun show in a city that has 3 BIG box stores and a handful of other gun retailers within 15 minutes of your geographic location...ummm, maybe do your homework and price things out accordingly.
It's called running a business...you might want to look into it.

Rant off.

Keep The High Ground,

G

Heard Indell talking about you on the phone and was going to give him a hard time about who he associates with.

The only bad customer service I had that was worse than normal was from Desert Ordnance. They had a red AR on display and there were 3 guys all talking amongst themselves and several more people sitting down. I asked what the red was and didnt get a response which was fine because it was loud. stood there and tried to get their attention for a while and spoke up pretty loudly and asked again with no response. One of the gals sitting down heard me and pointed out that I was asking about it but they never so much as turned to look at me so I walked on.

I feel like these people just like going to the show to associate with the other vendors like a traveling circus. They arent really there to sell their stuff just to have something to do.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#11]

LOL!
Don't bust John's chops too badly...Lots of people associate with me and don't realize what they are getting themselves into!

I agree with you about the circus-like quality of the "Big" show.
I only wish that the show were categorized or arranged in a better way, they have been doing this show for years.
Maybe break it up into genres or have a corner that are all private-party transactions...I dunno.

I have only been to the local shows with the exception of one time going to the S.A.R. show in Phoenix, AZ.
Weird, because it is a "Cossroads" show...SO much better than ours and on the Title III side, it was all business with lots of vendors focused on customer service and even educating you on different items.

Maybe you and I are expecting more because we have been to S.H.O.T so many times and would think that vendors would try to emulate it a little more.
I also plan on taking my friend to the next local Crossroads Show...so he can stock up on jerky and crystal jewelry.

G
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I swear, the next Crossroads I'm gittin' me a helicopter !!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:24:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I also plan on taking my friend to the next local Crossroads Show...so he can stock up on jerky and crystal jewelry.

G

Everybody needs shitty jewelry at some point in their life
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#14]

LOL!

I am with DB&G...I'm getting a helicopter too!!!
Gonna mount a green laser and razorblades to it and then do strafing runs in the Convention Center

I'll call you for bail money...

Later,

G
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I feel like these people just like going to the show to associate with the other vendors like a traveling circus. They arent really there to sell their stuff just to have something to do.

Hit the nail on the head. Been that way for as long as I can remember.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top