Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/13/2005 5:43:33 PM EDT
I'm going to head down on Sunday.  Is anyone else going?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Im going, although I dont know which day yet. Ya cant miss me. Ill be wearing a t-shirt, baseball cap and looking for some gun stuff.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:48:55 AM EDT
[#2]
ill be there on saturday,cant miss me a hand full of money and my girlfriend holding a dozen guns  i bought
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Haven't missed one in 15 years. Going Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:07:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I would be going.....But...

I'm going on a Cruise
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I wish; I've got unavoidable stuff to do around home both days this weekend.

And my new C&R FFL staring at me the entire time. That's torture.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I will be there sunday....

ya'll want to meet up?

set an FRS Channel?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:15:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I wish; I've got unavoidable stuff to do around home both days this weekend.

And my new C&R FFL staring at me the entire time. That's torture.

Now that's some pain!  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm considering attending...

What's it like for us NJ folk to purchase long arms there?

I'm in the market for an SKS and ammo (both 5.56/.223 and 7.62 if I get the SKS...).  Any opinion on if there would be some good deals there?

BoBo
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm considering attending...

What's it like for us NJ folk to purchase long arms there?

I'm in the market for an SKS and ammo (both 5.56/.223 and 7.62 if I get the SKS...).  Any opinion on if there would be some good deals there?

BoBo

Sure there will be good deals, you just have to look around.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Any legal wackiness to be concerned about buying a rifle in PA and then bringing it home to NJ?

I've read both the NJ and PA laws from NRAILA and it's not very clear.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:01:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#13]
NJ FID required?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I can't go saturday since I'm having new furniture being delivered, sunday is up in the air.  I can't really afford anything right now.  Besides, last time I went to Valley Forge I was only supposed to spend about $100 on ammo and I ended up buying a $1500 rifle...

If I do go, I'll be wearing one of my AR15.com shirts.  You won't be able to miss me, I'll probably be the only one wearing a Team Texas shirt.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#16]
You will need your NJ FID to purchase long guns. You cannot purchase handguns however. They must be sent to a NJ FFL. Also, Ive noticed some PA dealers do not have the NJ eligibility forms, but will sell you a long gun. When asked, they said that the Feds dont require it, so they dont do it, and that the NICs or PICS goes through in PA with no problem. SO , you may want to take FMJ's advice and print out a form or two, just in case.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Can a NJ resident buy a post ban (i.e. ban compliant)  ak variant like the Arsenal SAM-7 version with the permanently attached brake, no bayonet lug, non-folding stock at the show?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:30:57 AM EDT
[#18]
You can try to buy anything that is legal for you to buy in PA, but you can only legally bring home to NJ those items that are NJ legal, and the responsibility to be legally compliant is yours, and in no way the dealer's responsibility.

A PA dealer may well sell you a rifle without the NJ certificate of eligibility form, but you've then made an illegal purchase according to FEDERAL law which mandates that you comply with your home state's laws. That'd be a felony which will cause alll of your other guns to go away. So have the form, fill it out, have the seller sign his portion, and keep your copy in the file cabinet at home, no big deal.

A PA dealer may well sell you an AR variant with a collapsing stock or a bayo lug, but then you're in posession of a NJ assault weapon when you cross the border. Be careful; ban compliant guns are rare at PA shows now that PA is back to 'normal'.

A PA dealer may sell you 20 round magazines, but you're in posession of illegal high capacity mags when you bring them across the border unmodified.

Print blank forms, take them with you, fill them out, and you've done yourself no harm but you've saved yourself a potential criminal conviction if anyone should ever push the issue.

Don't buy anything that you are not certain would be legal in NJ. Take a copy of the NJ regulations.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:03:47 AM EDT
[#19]
+1  ↑

Beware that 99⅓% of the firearms are over priced
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:03:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
+1  ↑

Beware that 99⅓% of the firearms are over priced

Maybe for new production fireams yes. But a bounty of military surplus firearms for very good prices. Mosin's for $99.00, Yugo SKS's for $149.00, Spanish Mauser's for $125.00. Surplus ammo is priced very well also. I always go armed with knowing prices of what items should cost, this way I know if I'm paying to much. I'm rarely disappointed when I leave and could always spend more money than I take with me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:31:44 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm kinda ticked that I'm missing it, as I wanted another milsurp or three .
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'm kinda ticked that I'm missing it, as I wanted another milsurp or three .

Then start saving your pennies now. Next show is Dec.17-18th.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:07:59 AM EDT
[#23]
LUGERMAN,
All the firearms at the show come from either of the following.  As you have stated, you have to know what you a looking at.  Ammo is always a good buy (no shipping).
AIM Surplus
Century International Arms
S.O.G. International
Inter Ordnance
Centerfire Systems
CDNN Sports
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
LUGERMAN,
All the firearms at the show come from either of the following.  As you have stated, you have to know what you a looking at.  Ammo is always a good buy (no shipping).
AIM Surplus
S.O.G. International
Inter Ordnance
Centerfire Systems
CDNN Sports

I realize that I have been buying mil-surp rifles for the last 32 years and they are priced fairly IMHO. I have yet to find better prices on the rifles I listed at any gunshop in NJ. They add as much as $75.00 to those prices and I completly understand why, they have to pay rent and make a living.

The selection is much better at the show as you can pick out what you want right out of the crate.  No dealer transfers as you buying directly from an FFL dealer. The backround check in PA. is only $5.00 and some dealers will even wave the charge. That's been my experience for the last 15 years.

Also this is plenty of reloading components for sale. I can buy lead and jacketed bullets directly from vendors who make them. No freight charges or haz mat charges and the more I buy the more I save. Powder and primers are all over the place. T&T Reloading from PA. brings just about his entire shop there and sets up against the back wall. If you a reloader you can shop and save a lot of money.

I know exactly what things should cost BEFORE I plunk down my hard earned dough. It pays to be an educated shopper.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
LUGERMAN,
AIM Surplus
S.O.G. International
Inter Ordnance
Centerfire Systems
CDNN Sports

I realize that I have been buying mil-surp rifles for the last 32 years and they are priced fairly IMHO. I have yet to find better prices on the rifles I listed at any gunshop in NJ. They add as much as $75.00 to those prices and I completly understand why, they have to pay rent and make a living.

The selection is much better at the show as you can pick out what you want right out of the crate.  No dealer transfers as you buying directly from an FFL dealer. The backround check in PA. is only $5.00 and some dealers will even wave the charge. That's been my experience for the last 15 years.

Also this is plenty of reloading components for sale. I can buy lead and jacketed bullets directly from vendors who make them. No freight charges or haz mat charges and the more I buy the more I save. Powder and primers are all over the place. T&T Reloading from PA. brings just about his entire shop there and sets up against the back wall. If you a reloader you can shop and save a lot of money.

I know exactly what things should cost BEFORE I plunk down my hard earned dough. It pays to be an educated shopper.

Is that the guy with the big top hat?

Either way, I'll be there on Sat with one of the mods that cannot be named
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:06:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Didn't miss it. I bought the better condition one. When it comes to military surplus rifles, I buy on condition, not price. My Yugo cost a few bucks more, but was in unissed condition. I know a couple of guy's from my club that bought them and they had rusted pistons allowing single shot only. It cost more to get then in shape then it would have cost to buy the unissued one. Not a very wise choice IMHO.  A better long term value than a 80 dollar beater.

DWF, That guy is "TOP HAT" and he always sets up on the right side of the hall.  He sells more cleaning produsts and accessories than reloading supplies. T&T Reloading always sets up it ht efar back corner.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:17:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for the advice.  I'll bring my FID and a few blank NJSP forms.

I'm shopping for a post-ban AR15 lower receiver either assembled or stripped.  Has to be post-ban for NJ legal requirements...not pre-ban/no-ban.

If anyone has a post-ban lower they're interested in selling FTF, shoot me a message.  Preferred manufacturers are Stag, Bushmaster, and LMT but others considered as long as they're forged.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:19:34 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Thanks for the advice.  I'll bring my FID and a few blank NJSP forms.

I'm shopping for a post-ban AR15 lower receiver either assembled or stripped.  Has to be post-ban for NJ legal requirements...not pre-ban/no-ban.

If anyone has a post-ban lower they're interested in selling FTF, shoot me a message.  Preferred manufacturers are Stag, Bushmaster, and LMT but others considered as long as they're forged.

There will be a guy set up building uppers and lowers right at the show. He's name is Tony and you can't miss him. He usually carries various AR lowers. Just make sure the one you buy is not stamped AR15. Any other stamping is fine.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
...I'm shopping for a post-ban AR15 lower receiver either assembled or stripped...

IM sent.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll be there Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:02:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Were the $89 SKS there today?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#33]
I stopped by the show this morning and browsed, very good selection of vendors and hardware.  Picked up a spare firing pin and extractor spring+retainer for $14 from Tony's, plus some bulk ammunition.  As was mentioned previously, the good ammo deals don't happen until pack-up time on Sunday, but it was still cheaper than paying shipping.

The DEFCON-1 table was like a candy store!  Drool...

I didn't see a compelling enough deal on a lower recvr to make me jump, it's good not to be in a rush.

I did see a post-ban Bushmaster NIB M4 type w/ pinned stock for $825 which was tempting.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:32:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I stopped by the show this morning and browsed, very good selection of vendors and hardware.  Picked up a spare firing pin and extractor spring+retainer for $14 from Tony's, plus some bulk ammunition.  As was mentioned previously, the good ammo deals don't happen until pack-up time on Sunday, but it was still cheaper than paying shipping.

The DEFCON-1 table was like a candy store!  Drool...

I didn't see a compelling enough deal on a lower recvr to make me jump, it's good not to be in a rush.

I did see a post-ban Bushmaster NIB M4 type w/ pinned stock for $825 which was tempting.

You got that right.

I saw stripped DPMS lowers selling for $179.00

The best price I saw on Yugo SKS's was about $140, in excellent condition.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#36]
How far is it from NYC?
Anyone going in the NJ/NYC area?

If so could I follow?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#37]
NJ TPK to PA TPK. Valley Forge exit  to Convention Center. Once you get on to PA TPK it takes appx. 45 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:31:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Well I did well at the show today. Spent $400.00  on mags, ammo, and reloading supplies.   Can't wait to do it again in December.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:11:24 AM EDT
[#39]
I was able to make the trip on Sunday afternoon.  This is my first gun show of any type and it was just about what I expected.  I ended up picking up one of the $140 SKS's and 1/2 case of Wolf ammo for it and some stripper clips.  Seems to be in very good condition but is loaded with cosmoline.  I could have spent about $50 more and picked up an SKS that was cleaner but I think it will be fun to clean up in my own time (plus, I'm cheap...).  Seemsl like a good place to get rare or hard to find items, but I didn't see too many "deals" on new or common firearms and that is what I've been lead to believe is standard for most shows, just like computer shows...   Thanks for reading, I will post some pics  in a new thread of the SKS.

BoBoPrime
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:00:11 PM EDT
[#40]
At one of the tables a dealer was selling police trade-ins of HK-93(I think I am not an HK expert).  These are the civi models of the MP5.  They were 9mm.  I really wanted one of these guns.  They were selling like hot cakes.  But i did not know if they were NJ legal.  Did anyone pick one of these up and do you know if they are NJ legal to own?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
At one of the tables a dealer was selling police trade-ins of HK-93(I think I am not an HK expert).  These are the civi models of the MP5.  They were 9mm.  I really wanted one of these guns.  They were selling like hot cakes.  But i did not know if they were NJ legal.  Did anyone pick one of these up and do you know if they are NJ legal to own?

Heckler and Koch HK91, HK93, HK94, MP5, PSG-1 are banned by name.

I saw them. I think there were 2 grand.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Stopped in for an hour or so Sunday Morning, I noticed 2 things: less people and less vendors, maybe it was my perception . Anyways I picked up some AR accessories, but had my heart on a M1 Carbine mfg. date was 1944, it looked beat up and was priced at $395. I was not sure if it was legal in NJ , so I left. I need to find out more on the little rifle before I buy one.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Stopped in for an hour or so Sunday Morning, I noticed 2 things: less people and less vendors, maybe it was my perception . Anyways I picked up some AR accessories, but had my heart on a M1 Carbine mfg. date was 1944, it looked beat up and was priced at $395. I was not sure if it was legal in NJ , so I left. I need to find out more on the little rifle before I buy one.

You did the right thing. No M1 carbines are legal in NJ.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:33:12 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You did the right thing. No M1 carbines are legal in NJ.

But, but...........it looks a lot less lethal than my EVIL BLACK RIFLE

Thanks for the tip, Lugerman. It's a shame its illegal here. Someday when I leave this place (NJ), I swear the first gun I'll buy is an M1 Carbine. FMJunkie, if you're reading this, you better write this down somewhere so that you can remind me later when the move happens
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Bobby, it certainly is less lethal than a .223. The .30 caliber carbine bullet is essentially a pistol cartridge designed to shoot out of a the little carbine.  Ruger successfully sold many of the Blackhawk pistol's chambered in the same round.

In 1973 I bought my first M1 Carbine. It was a WWII Underwood complete with cone shaped flash hider. Condition was 99% in and out. I paid a whoping $79.00 for it from my local gunshop. How times have changed. For the worse.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Bobby, it certainly is less lethal than a .223. The .30 caliber carbine bullet is essentially a pistol cartridge designed to shoot out of a the little carbine.  Ruger successfully sold many of the Blackhawk pistol's chambered in the same round.

In 1973 I bought my first M1 Carbine. It was a WWII Underwood complete with cone shaped flash hider. Condition was 99% in and out. I paid a whoping $79.00 for it from my local gunshop. How times have changed. For the worse.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

If I have to hear one more story of how cheap you used to buy guns for I don't know what I'm going to do
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I have to hear one more story of how cheap you used to buy guns for I don't know what I'm going to do

I know , I know. Did I tell you how my first Colt SP1 cost me $279.00 back in 1973!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#49]
[D] Sorry, but I had to do it!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#50]
you gotta tell them the story you told me about how the M1 is preferred by all the big gangs in NJ
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top