Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2003 5:21:35 PM EDT
Folks-

New guy to the website; just picked up new A2 16" with AK brake. Am stoked to get rounds through it.

Any matches or get-togethers in the Dallas area other than Gunstock?

Thanks-

Neil.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:27:41 PM EDT
[#1]
 Welcome to forum Neil.  Yes, we do get together quite a bit.  A couple like to do weekend matches quite often.  We tend to meet up at just about every gunshow in the DFW area, many of the vendors know us on a first name basis now. Also, several DFW local dealers frequent the forums and try to keep us up to date on any specials and news.

mike
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
i'm up for shooting almost any time. nut i live way out in west ft worth
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the board internetguy.  There's a ton of ppl in the DFW area.

Maggiethecat, where do you shoot?  I live in West Ft. Worth as well and have a 16" kit (plus a few other toys) I haven't taken out yet  I am used to shooting on some family land (in West TX) and haven't found a range around here that I like.

Rob
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 4:04:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Have you tried the TacPro Shooting Center in Mingus, Texas yet?
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 10:43:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Many thanks folks--

Maybe we could get together at the Collin Cty range?

Playing a long shot here, but Robbo- is there any chance a few of us could meet on your family's property? (apologies in advance if this isn't a good idea).

If we can get together, perhaps we can bring other handguns/rifles etc?

Also- IDPA shoot every Weds 6:30 PM at Gunmasters on Jupiter in Richardson-- totally fun and great folks if you haven't taken the opportunity. They usually get together for a dinner also afterward; I'll be there tomorrow night.

Best--

Neil
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't tried TacPro but have heard good things...but wanted somewhere a little closer (was hoping anyway)

Internetguy:  I'd LOVE to have everyone at our land, and you could bring whatever, but when I said "West TX" I meant as in 3+ hours from here.  It's where I shot while growing up..not now.  If it was close we'd already be having regular getogethers there.

Rob
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 2:32:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Hi Rob-

Well many thanks anyway, sounds like a great place.

Even though I live in Dallas, I sometimes forget how big the state is... : )

How about some folks at the Collin County Gun Range, or?

Neil.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:01:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I think there is an IDPA match this Sat. at Colling County Gun Range.  They start shooting at 11:00AM and usually finish up about 3:00PM.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:18:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Welcome internetguy.

I shoot regularly with CCIDPA. I'll be at the CC range on Sat. We had a 3-gun match a couple of weeks ago. The next 3-gun is scheduled for 8/30. I might try to make the shoot at Gunmasters tonight (but don't count on it).

Edited to add: Just got the IDPA rag and there's a picture of me in there from the Texas State Championship.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 7:18:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Hi Big-

Super indeed; Saturday 8/30 at Collin Cty range sounds great.

Anyone else want to show up with a black rifle and other guns?

BTW-- I'll be at the IDPA match tonight at Gunmasters (new to that as well, but am really enjoying it), hope to see you there!

Best-

Neil
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#11]

I HOPE to make it out on Sat, but am not sure if I can.

So IS there an official IDPA match there on Sat?  If so, Neil are you planning to shoot in that or just do some plinking? (You mentioned black rifles so I thought maybe you weren't planning on IDPA)

Rob
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I HOPE to make it out on Sat, but am not sure if I can.

So IS there an official IDPA match there on Sat?  If so, Neil are you planning to shoot in that or just do some plinking? (You mentioned black rifles so I thought maybe you weren't planning on IDPA)

Rob

Yes, there is a match at Collin County Gun Range hosted by the Collin County IDPA Club. Hammer down at 11:00am. Be there early for signup and newcomers briefing. John P. is the Match Director and I'll be there early assisting with stage setup.

See the CCIDPA web site for more info...CCIDPA Home

I'll be the Match Director for matches hosted at the Backwoods Trap in Little Elm on Sunday, SEP 7 and Wednesday, SEP 24.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Hi Rob--

Options, options, options... : )

I'll bring my AR and .45 plus gear for IDPA and see what happens. I had the front optics rod (Williams Firesights) on my .45 disapper tonight at IDPA but can put the originals back on until replacement parts arrive.

If a few guys bring their AR's (or even one other person), I'll probably plink, but am up for both or either.

I ran into another guy at the Bullet Trap tonight who also has an AR and will send him a invite; he's looking to hook up with fellow AR folks.

Any thoughts as to what you gents want to do?

Best-

Neil.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, I would like to make it out, and would prefer to break in this AR (I like IDPA, but am not up for it this weekend).  I have to double check with the little lady tomorrow and see.

Also, I don't have any .223 because I was waiting for the next gun show.... anyone know where I can buy some in bulk, or at least the cheapest price/box in Fort Worth or between FW & Collin County range?  I looked on cheaper than dirt but didn't see prices for bulk ammo, only per box and it wasn't that great.

Thanks!
Rob
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 12:55:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Hi Rob-

I buy bulk ammo from J & G sales; very reliable, good service, not a problem from them, although you do pay freight and someone over 18 has to sign for it when it arrives.

I don't know if the prices for .223 are good, but you can get .45 ammo from them at a very good price (mind you, it's for my Ruger which will use anything).

http://catalog.jgsales.com/

BTW-- new AR? What did you get?

Cheers-

Neil.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:16:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Robbo, check with Bass Pro and see if they have any win. Q3131A left.  It is on sale until the 10th for $2.88 per 20rd box.  If you can contact Dallas Reloading Service via phone, then you can purchase their 55grfmj .223 for $124.00 per thousand.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Thanks firstar.  I'll check.

Neil,  I bought a 16" expedition kit from J&T, and a Century Arms Stripped lower and assembled it myself.  Haven't shot it yet.

I am planning to show up at Collin County tomorrow at 11:00 and break-in/plink with my AR.  Hope to see you there.

I have an "almost" shaved head and a sorry excuse for a goatee if you want to look for me.

Rob
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:54:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh yeah, already planning to be there as well (if that's the Abuelo's thread...the link wouldn't work for me)  

Rob
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:08:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Hi Rob-

Just discovered I'm on soccer game duty this morning in Richardson while wifey is off buying 55 gal water drums for food storage; she found some at cost and it's a one day available thing only, has to be in the morning of course and etc, etc.

Dang! Bottom line is I'll have to wait a week before I can get to Collin Creek range. My apologies Rob, I'm not usually flaky,  but I hope you have a great time.

Very cool on your new shorty though-- I'd love to build one, maybe for the next one. I'd like a 20" and so plan to start with building an upper and see how it goes. Also want less trigger pull, although I like the crispness of the AR trigger.

No problem with mechanical things, but still pretty new to gunworld. I'm impressed with how confident and capable you guys are on this thread in assembling an AR.

Best-

Neil.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:14:28 AM EDT
[#21]

No problemo.  Hope the game goes well.  

Rob
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:16:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Rob,

I've got 28 boxes of Federal XM193 an 2 boxes of Winchester whitebox (55 gr.). I let it go cheap as I only shoot 75gr.+ now.

Make me an offer. If you see this before heading to CCGR this morning I'll be bringing it with me.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:41:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Bigsapper,

I think I am going to stay closer to home this morning since internet guy isn't going to be able to make it.  I'm not up for shooting IDPA this morning (need to practice a little more before that) and CCGR is over an hour away.  If I'm not meeting someone from the board to plink, I'll just plink close to home...

(Actually, I'm trying to resist the urge to go over to DFW Gun Range and demo their MP5)

If you are going to the DFW dinner at Abuelo's tonight bring it along there and I'll make you an offer.

Thanks!!!

Rob
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Rob-

I've shot DFW's MP5-- very fun experience; also their Tommygun. Definitely liked the H&K though...

Soccer game went well, rained the whole time. Wonder if it was raining at CCGR. Will make it up to you with session next week if you're available.

Have a great weekend.

Best-

Neil.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Yep, we shot the 1st 4 stages in the rain. It let up a bit for the last 2. Glad it was 30 degrees cooler than what it was supposed to be

Rob, I'll bring it with me to dinner tonight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top