Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2004 10:24:05 AM EDT
I was about to set up an LLC so I can put my paperwork in for some Class III Transfers, and my wife thinks I should try to have a LEO sign first.  I told her that I don't believe there are any LEO's signing but she thinks I am wrong.

Anyone know of any or should i just set up my own LLC???

Inquiring minds want to know,
MadDog
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:39:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Where are you in GA? I wouldn't think it would be that hard here.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:57:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I am in Loganville (Gwinett county) and no one is signing here.

MadDog
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Mad Dog, are you in unincorporated Loganville or within the city limits? You won't find anybody signing off in Gwinnett unless you know somebody. Butch Conway stabbed everybody in the back. He never signed for anybody for the longest time, then he did for about a month before the election and now he won't again. Keep that in mind during the next election. If you live in the city limits you can check with Loganville PD chief.
Chief Walter with G.C.P.D. wont sign (and I work for him) neither will Danny Porter. Becoming an L.L.C. is about the only way to get one around here. FYI, I'm considering doing this, can you enlighten me as to how this is done? Is there any costs involved? How about tax liablity, etc?

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:18:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Lawman734 -

Go to the "Georgia Secretary of State" web site and you can download the forms to set up an LLC.  With an LLC you do not have to have anual meetings or anual reports.  There is also much less paperwork involved compared to a corporation.  The cost is $100.00 for a fileing fee and a $40.00 registration fee to be paid between January and April of the year following the date you start the LLC.  The web site says it takes anywhere between five and twenty-one days to get set up.  With an LLC one person can hold every office in the company (ie: President, CEO, Secretary, etc.)

Hope this helps,
MadDog
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#5]
My CLEO in Richmond county signed off
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:47:48 PM EDT
[#6]
My Sheriff had mine ready the same day. Got the finger prints and was off to the post office. Sent an IM on the county I am in.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Butch Conway stabbed everybody in the back. He never signed for anybody for the longest time, then he did for about a month before the election and now he won't again.

At this point is this fact or still speculation? I was one of the lucky one's to get him to sign off on a couple of form 4's after Porter screwed me W/O warning after signing for many years. I'm in the middle of making a deal on a HK sear and I might stop the deal if that's the case with Conway. This is BULLSHIT!!! We need a must sign law like the great state of TN.

Several weeks ago I wrote about the advantages v. disadvantages of a LLC and NFA on the GA forum . I'm not an expert, but I've been in the NFA game for a long time so take my info with a grain of salt if you want to search the archives.

TD
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Mike McHugh is still the chief of loganville PD.  i used to work with him at a Mars music when he was still just assistant chief.  i'll holler up there at him and see if he'll sign form 4's.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#9]
alright, well, i emailed mike, but i'm not up to date on the rules of the ballgame.  do you have to live in the county where the CLEO has jurisdiction, or can you cross county lines?  meaning, if mike says yes, but you live in the gwinnett side of loganville, will he still be able to sign on yours?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#10]
For a CLEO to sign you must live in the area where he has jurisdiction. In signing a CLEO is in no way approving you to own anything. He's simply stating that he knows of no local matter that would preclude you from NFA ownership. You local LEO might have information on a local pending case that the BATF is yet privy too.

TD
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#11]
so, would he have jurisdiction over any of the gwinnett part of unincorporated loganville?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Wouldn't think so. They way I understand it is that if you live in unicn. Loganville you should have a  Loganville mailing addr., but live outside the actual city limits. You wouldn't pay any taxes nor recieve and services from said city. You buddy shouldn't have any arrest powers outside the city limits therefore he isn't autorized to sign were he lacks arrest powers.

I could be wrong and hope so. I hope your buddy will sign and solve all of MDD's problems with the simple stroke of his pen.

Is this getting confusing yet? I think it's supposed to be confusing to conform with ATF regs.

TD
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:32:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I do have a Loganville address but I live outside the city on the western most border of Loganville & Grayson.  I am therefore in Gwinett County and I think I am screwed when it comes to getting a CLEO to sigh.  Setting up an LLC is looking better by the minute.

MadDog
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top