Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 9/28/2005 3:27:43 AM EDT
Expect to be living there in about 6 months. Just wondered if there was anything I needed to be aware of? All my firearms are, AR's, FAL's, assorted pistols and shotguns. About 50 hi-cap mags, ammo, etc....... My main concern was any restrictions. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:41:01 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Expect to be living there in about 6 months. Just wondered if there was anything I needed to be aware of? All my firearms are, AR's, FAL's, assorted pistols and shotguns. About 50 hi-cap mags, ammo, etc....... My main concern was any restrictions. Thanks

You should be okay.  As long as your don't have any 'fun' stuff (silencers, SBRs, machine guns, etc)

Depending on where you move (what county), you may be able to get a concealed permit.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, like bogz said; as long as the items are not class III, you are good to go. What area are you moving to? Milldude
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#4]
a loaded magazine is a loaded gun ......dont ask me why but that is what the dnr says

brett
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:57:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Where can I find a list of the CCW counties?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:32:40 AM EDT
[#6]
www.iowacarry.org has a pretty decent map of friendly/ unfriwendly counties to CCW.

Leo Williams
Superior Arms
www.superiorarms.com
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
a loaded magazine is a loaded gun ......dont ask me why but that is what the dnr says

brett

I have never heard that one so I looked it up:

"483A.36 Manner of conveyance.
No person, except as permitted by law, shall have or carry a gun in or on a vehicle on a public highway, unless the gun is taken down or totally contained in a securely fastened case, and its barrels and magazines are unloaded"

This is stupid this needs to be repealed and revised to read "permanetly mounted magazines and barrels unloaded"

why do I need to unload a mag in a bag when it is not in the same case???
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#8]
try coyote hunting with an ar or a ruger mini 14.......i had to do a lot of ass kissing to get out of a ticket one time.

Brett
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top