Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 11:16:03 AM EDT
Don't know if this is kosher or not, so I apologize in advance if not.

I'm walking this weekend in " Light the Night" Leukemia fund raising walk in downtown ATL.

Now, I'm not the type to go walking around ATL, or to do fundraisers, but I kinda stepped in to this and have to at least try to raise a little money for it so I don't come off like a real heal.

(Can you tell I'm not good at fundraising yet? Notice no sob stories or guilt trips?!)

If anyone is interested in donating, you can donate online by clicking
this cleverly added link

The money is technically due this Wednesday, but I can give them the $$ on Saturday at the walk as well.

If it helps to encourage you, I will be "representin'" the GA Arfcom guys by packing heat (provided it's either legal, or easy to get away with, or both.

I'm probably gonna throw in $40 just becuase it's my own mouth that got my butt in to this.

Even if you would send $2 or something, I will appreciate anything I get from yall.

now for the proverbial "This is why you should give" speech-

I'm certain that every one of us here has known or been close to some one who has suffered through some form of cancer, so you know how painful it can be, not only for the victim, but for the entire family. The costs of treatment put a strain on everyone involved, much less the emotional tax of losing a loved one, or seeing a child suffer through Chemo. I won't ask you for your next paycheck or even to match my own donation. Even if you only gave 50 cents, if I can get 400 of the 50,000 plus members of Arfcom to match your 50 cents, I'll have met my groups goal of $200 per person. So give what you can.

Now that might all be sappy, but if I told yall I was sure I'd get some from a hot chick this weekend if I raised $1000, ya'll would probably donate $5K as long as I posted pics.

Book- again, if this is unacceptable solicitation, just kill it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in.
Check your IM.

ARH

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Ross. That's above and beyond. Very cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top