Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 4:42:19 PM EDT
Re-loaded FP,

Forgot how much fun it is. Haven't played muliplayer yet. Anyone got their own server? Just finished a mission where my entire squad and our armor support was wiped out. It was lil' ol' me against three enemy squads, a tank and a BMP. I had to take the town! An hour of sniping, crawling, shooting from the roof of buildings, stealing enemy jeeps to race around town, looting weapons and ammo from dead enemy soldiers, sneaking into the med-tent for patch-ups, and I finally finished them all off and popped the tank with a borrowed bazooka.

That's some good gaming, I tell ya what.

Iron Sights

Sniper and Spotter
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I love a good killfest.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I played that game when it first came out however long ago it was. I just had fun adding a bunch of enemy on a map and see how I could kill them with various weapons
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I liked the squad aspect,

16 player maps can hold hundreds of soldiers that way. But it's crowning glory is the AI. Only now are games reaching the sophistication of FP. NPCs react to your moves, flank or retreat, use cover fire and set abushes. I was hiding in a building, and wiping out the enemy. They began peppering the window keeping my head down. Suddenly the firing stopped, and I looked out to see what was happening. They were all just watching. A hand came over the window sill and dropped a granade in my lap. Great stuff.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:15:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Ever try BF2?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:57:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I guess I'm old... still thinking about Castle Wolfenstein and Doom...  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:24:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Heheh Dooom.

Yeah Gibs, BF2 has to be the best looking graphics so far! But I hear that that causes some serious lag in multi-player. Graphics is great, but I'm a fan of depth of gameplay. Also, I like using iron sights, or scopes in 1st person. The transition makes running and diving for cover a lot of fun. My perfect shooter would see OF's gameplay mixed with WWIIOL's physics modelling. They use realistic ballistics, bullet drop, wind shear, slippery ground, weather effects, and hi fidelity simulation of vehicles. That means shifting gears for best speed, plane flaps, dive breaks, and no X marks the spot aiming. Check it out.

World War II Online

On a clear day you can see over three miles away!
The map is huge, most of Europe in quarter scale. Whew.
Map supports 600 towns, 30,000 buildings and thousands of players online.
Three or four guys can crew a tank, or drive your buds into battle.
Players can reach HQ ranks and direct battles envolving hundreds of gamers.
Two sides, and you can't communicate with the enemy to cheat or taunt.
Deep strategic model including supply lines, production factories and resource management.

It's a pay to play game, so there's few punks trying to ruin the fun.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top