Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2003 12:30:10 AM EDT
I've often thought about things (terrorists, mass hysteria, dinosaur cloning and escape, alien attack) and lack of more serious like minded people.  Ive finally been getting my shit squared away, etc.

Anybody have decent radio commo?  Rally points? Other crazy ideas.  

Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:02:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Screw you guys, if dino's start roaming the valley its every man for himself.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#2]
... I don't have any guns but I can BBQ for ya'll.

... Seriously R-man, pick up the book Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse - James Wesley Rawles. It is really well written, technically accurate, lots of cool assed guns and other thing you speak of. If you want I'll loan you my copy.

... I know you (especially you) will like it!
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I'll be at the rally point getting assigned somewhere......
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 3:34:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Contingency plan? Yeah, I plan on surrendering like a Frenchman and living the life of luxury in a FEMA camp somewhere outside of Goodyear...Why the life of luxury? Because I am gonna roll on everyone here! Any dictators here worth 25 million? I'm gonna tell AZ-K9 where you're at! Him and his JBD (Jack-Booted-Dog) are gonna sniff you out...(Only if you happen to be in his assigned area though)

I'm gonna let the government take care of me... 3 squares and a cot..No more bills or taxes! What a life.

Or, I could lock-n-load my SEMI-automatic BB gun (It's the only firearm I own..I swear!) and shoot any blue helmet that kicks in my door..

You sure we don't need a "conspiracy" plan too?

P.S. Check your IM
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:22:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#6]
The last guys i knew with a contigency plan were the Viper Militia. These guys were all shooters at the practical matches at Ben Avery. Good guys but they became a little too organized and look what happened to them in the media. They all ended up with time in club fed.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 10:39:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ask Team Viper about forming groups....I hear they have some good ideas...

I have, and so have you.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Viper militia were a bunch of idiots who deserved what they got! But, having a plan for when/if TSHTF isn't a bad idea..Just ask the Mormons..

I personally see it as an insurance policy against anything that might happen..You never know if you'll become suddenly unemployed, or a bird craps in the water system and it's shut down because of e-coli or a train full of chlorine tips over and you have to evacuate, etc.. (All have happened here)..What about civil unrest? Blackouts? Mother Nature can be a bitch sometimes too...

Being prepared against anything that might happen and having friends and family who will be there for you should you have to G.O.O.D. (Get Out Of Dodge) is much different than plotting against the government...

Big difference between those who are seriously into preparedness so they can save lives as opposed to those who "claim" to be into preparedness who want to take lives. (Notice I didn't say "survivalism"?)

So, have a bug-out-bag, 2 weeks (or more) of water and food for everyone in your house and a network of friends you can go through hard times with. With the way this world is going, you might just need them in the future.

I've been into preparedness since I was a Boy Scout and I haven't quit. I know a lot of places to get preparedness stuff here in Arizona (food, water barrels, etc), so anyone who is interested, let me know. I would be more than happy to help.

And, I say this in public... If I hear of anyone who is plotting to do harm to innocent people or property, I'll turn you in myself..That's NOT what being prepared is about.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#9]
The feds can push the conspiracy thing quite easily. Why do you say they deserved what they got? Did you know any of them? Other than that stupid video tape that a couple of them made they did very little wrong. Trust me, when ATF sends guns to be tested the results always find them to be full auto. Don't believe me, read this.

www-2.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/user/wbardwel/public/nfalist/staples_briefs.txt
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#10]
 To take part in the desertmoon WTSHTF (nuclear) contingency plan you will need the following items:
  A.  1 pair of really cool shades. For me, it's a pair of Wayfarers.
  B.  1 bottle of the alcoholic beverage of your choice
  C. 1 lawn chair ( one of those new foldie thingie ones )
  D. a pack of good smokes or a cigar...don't smoke, ya say?  Might as well start 'cuz if life goes nuclear yer gonna be doing a lot more than smokin' anyhow....might as well pick up that habit to see what you've been missin'

Once all of those materials have been gathered...set up shop on your roof and face your closest nuclear target.  For me, it's only a few miles away at Winston Wolf's place of employment.  Put on the shades, light up a smoke...take a pull or three off the bottle whilst reclining in your lawn chair.......and call it a day.

Note: since the end of the cold war it seems that my Nuclear Contingency plan is a bit outmoded.  

I sure miss the Ruskies.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Where does Winston work? PVNGF?
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

... PVNGF?
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The feds can push the conspiracy thing quite easily. Why do you say they deserved what they got? Did you know any of them? Other than that stupid video tape that a couple of them made they did very little wrong. Trust me, when ATF sends guns to be tested the results always find them to be full auto. Don't believe me, read this.

www-2.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/user/wbardwel/public/nfalist/staples_briefs.txt

I admit nothing..I deny everything, but I can't find one erson to make counter accusatons against...I said I think they deserve what they got because I read the trial notes. Conspiracy ran deep in the trial, no doubt. But, it was proven by a grand jury and in a jury trial that there was intent.

When I was a vendor at gunshows, yes, I knew one of the guys..He often helped out another vendor and we would chat about AR15's and he once asked my ex-wife out on a date when we were still married. Other than that, I never socialized with him and knew nothing about his personal life...

Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... PVNGF?

Palo Verde Nuc. Gen. Fac.

If it were to go bad, my best bet would be to stay home, as everything I need is right here.
First thing folks think is that when TSHTF that they are going to run to the mountains.
Yeah right, you and everyone else in Phoenix.
Traffic, one road to Flag, and people that already live there equals about a 99% chance you'll never make it.
Other locations in AZ are desert, so, how long you going to make it in 110 - 120 degree heat?
You couldn't carry enough water.
Since I live in a small town, I am luckier than most, but that would only last till the displaced started trying to move in, then it's every man for himself.
And since I already have a base of operation I hold a distinct advantage, so why give it up.
Also I live 5 minutes from work, and we have enough ammo, and weapons to mount a major campain.
So I'll just sit here in my comfy little redoubt and care for me and mine.
ARFCOM friends are invited, RSVP/BYOMRE.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

... PVNGF?

Palo Verde Nuc. Gen. Fac.

If it were to go bad, my best bet would be to stay home, as everything I need is right here.
First thing folks think is that when TSHTF that they are going to run to the mountains.
Yeah right, you and everyone else in Phoenix.
Traffic, one road to Flag, and people that already live there equals about a 99% chance you'll never make it.
Other locations in AZ are desert, so, how long you going to make it in 110 - 120 degree heat?
You couldn't carry enough water.
Since I live in a small town, I am luckier than most, but that would only last till the displaced started trying to move in, then it's every man for himself.
And since I already have a base of operation I hold a distinct advantage, so why give it up.
Also I live 5 minutes from work, and we have enough ammo, and weapons to mount a major campain.
So I'll just sit here in my comfy little redoubt and care for me and mine.
ARFCOM friends are invited, RSVP/BYOMRE.

... I agree, my home is my suburbian fortress. Not only that, but several of my closest neighbors are of "like mind" as you would say. It would have to be a HUGE catastrophic failure to run me off.

... BTW, even though 25 years ago I helped build Palo Verde for a subsidiary of Bechtel Corp. I'm now in the Military, Aerospace Defense Contracting business. I'm one of the good guys.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 8:19:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted: I'm one of the good guys.

Even though I have only met you once, I will second that.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:22:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:47:13 AM EDT
[#18]
I've got 30,000 gallons of water in my pool. anyone know how to purify it and get rid of the chlorine? I also have a 500 gal propane tank for the hot tub. It could run my grill for years! I just need something to put on it. I hear those dinos are tasty!
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I've got 30,000 gallons of water in my pool. anyone know how to purify it and get rid of the chlorine? I also have a 500 gal propane tank for the hot tub. It could run my grill for years! I just need something to put on it. I hear those dinos are tasty!

If we drain the pool, where is everyone going to piss????

Link Posted: 8/7/2003 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

If TSHTF and I cant chill in a heated hot tub, I dont wanna live.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

He flips a mean burger and always has cigars, and has a heart of gold, too.  Truly a gentleman among men.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:46:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He flips a mean burger and always has cigars, and has a heart of gold, too.  Truly a gentleman among men.  Seriously.

Damn, black rifles and brown noses...

What's next, pink pistols?

Winston is cool..He let me borrow his spatula! Without it, me and aztrooper would have starved to death..aztrooper would have gone first though because he's skinnier...(I had to throw that in cuz I KNOW you were thinking it..ya'll are shameless)
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I would dare say any ARFcomer's that make it to northern AZ, I would be more than happy to share caches and provide guide assistance into the remote areas in and around the Grand Canyon, places with lots of deer and water...
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 10:06:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey, whats wrong with pink pistols?!

Another vote for WW being a good guy; let me shoot his Bling-Bling DE and .50 rifle.

BTW, I can get my hands on plenty of cattle for milk and steaks
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Having my Private Pilots rating greatly expands my range, as long as I stay under 500 feet AGL...  And you can land a 172 on 1/4 miles worth of straight dirt road.  Maybe I could sell "tickets"  LoL    
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Having my Private Pilots rating greatly expands my range, as long as I stay under 500 feet AGL...  And you can land a 172 on 1/4 miles worth of straight dirt road.  Maybe I could sell "tickets"  LoL    

1/4 mile!??!  You suck
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Oh hell you can land a 172 in a lot less than that.  Of course if you want to take back off that's a little different.

You can probably distill pool water using various solar stills.  that's something I'ld like to find out about as we have pools in the area.  At a minimum pool water and a bucket will flush a toilet.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#28]
That is why io said 1/4 mile.  A good shortfield technique and a heavy load, 1/4 mile is cutting it close...  Anyways, off I go into tangent land again.  Is anyone on here from the Northern AZ area?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top