Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 2:41:28 AM EDT
What's up guys.  I'm about to take a journey to the Dark Side and was hoping someone around here could meet me halfway.

I've been wanting to build an plinking AK for a while now and with prepetual rise in 5.56 I think now is the time.  I would really like to go with a Polish underfolder kit and a GlobalTrades(.com) complete receiver.  The advice I've gotten so far is to buy a receiver that has not been drilled for the trunion yet and to use rivets.  Buying tools for the project is not  really a problem, I just need a guide to help with the contruction.  Any takers?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:57:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I've built one Romanian AK kit into a rifle so far (with one more kit  waiting on a receiver). I used the screw method to build it just because I didn't have access to a press to get the barrel in and out of the front trunion. I need to replace the trigger group with a US made G2-type group before I test fire it. There's an Eastman gunshow this weekend in Lawrenceville that I'm gonig to, however, it has been my experience in the past that there aren't too many dealers that have AK47 parts (at least the Macon gunshow a month ago was lacking in them).

If I can remember I'll post a few pics of the rifle later today if you like. What kind of questions do you have about it?

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:02:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there looking for a Polish UF this weekend.  See ya there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top