Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/19/2004 5:14:25 PM EST
I'm interested in shooting a 3 gun match and can't seem to find any links to shoots or clubs that do shoots in N GA.

Thanks,
jd1
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:23:48 PM EST
I believe there are 3-gun matches at southrivergunclub.com this is the website, they are located in Conyers, Ga.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:30:05 AM EST
The River Bend Gun Club has them every other month. The next match is in two weeks on the first Saturday of October. They are located a little north of Atlanta off the 400. It will be my first 3 Gun Match also. You can get the details on their web site at www.rbgc.org

MadDog
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:04:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 10:22:45 AM EST by Jeff308]
Riverbend gun club

There's an article in this month's newsletter titled "Action Rifle". It begins on pg. 6: www.rbgc.org/bulletins/sept_04.pdf
3 gun is the next thing I want to try when this f*%king knee injury heals to where I can half-ass use my right leg.

I've yet to get a shotgun, however. I figure a short barreled 12 guage auto with an 8 rd. magazine would be the kind to use.

My problem is money. Do any fo you have suggestions for a reliable shotgun for a starter piece that won't break my nonexistant bank?

Or, would borrowing someone elses' just to get a taste of 3 gun be possible?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:25:26 PM EST
If you come to the RBGC 3-gun match with no shotgun and bring your own ammo, I can guarantee you will find someone there who will let you use their shotgun.

This is a very laid-back group whose main goals are 1) safety and 2) FUN!

I'll be there...I hope...borrowing a shotgun as usual!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:30:48 PM EST
I haven't tried a 3-gun match yet, but I was talking to someone recently about it. I don't have an AR yet, but what about a SKS rifle or AK-47 ? For a shotgun, how about a Mossberg 590 pump ? What kind of ammo do you use for the shotgun ? Pistol I'm not worried about, just what would be a good holster ? IWB, OWB, or Thigh holster ?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:58:55 AM EST
AKs do pretty well.
Actually I shot the rifle portion real well with my FAL last time, but then shotgun killed me.

You'll need both clay bird shot and slugs for the shotgun.

Pistol holster type just needs to be whatever you are comfortable enough with not to cover yourself when drawing/holstering. This is the most dangerous portion of three-gun, the drawing/holstering of the pistols...I see folks cover themselves all the time. Be slow and deliberate with the pistol work, and stay safe.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:49:00 AM EST
Shot my first 3-gun match yesterday. Man was that fun. I too had to borrow a shotgun because I only had my Bushy Modular and my Kimber .45 I have been shootin Cowboy Action for the past five years and this was nice change of pace. The only drag is that I now have to go out and buy a Benelli M1 Super 90 Tactical Shotgun. Why couldn't I have borrowed an old Remmington 870??? After shooting that Benelli I don't want anything else.

MadDog
Top Top