Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 10/14/2008 5:44:04 AM EDT
Does anybody know of any 3 gun leagues in the Dutchess County area? Or any tactical carbine matches? Im in Iraq right now but will be coming home soon. Im located in the Poughkeepsie area. Im just looking for something to keep my occupied and keep my skills up to par. Thanks guys
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 5:57:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/14/2008 5:58:22 AM EDT by NY-EMT]
West Point is a big match
LIPSA on LI has tactical-style matches throughout the year and are worth the drive
OBCATS in NJ has a great match but NJ has crappy gun laws

Try shooting some IDPA or PAL shoots at DCPA when you get home, you might find some local contacts there.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:39:32 AM EDT
You could try contacting the DCPA.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 12:04:16 PM EDT
When you get back home stop by Dutchess County Pistol Association (DCPA) on any Tuesday night after 1730 but before 2000.  There is an active IDPA/ USPSA contingent in the area.  They can help you find local matches and training for action shooting.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 3:03:33 PM EDT
Hey I'm in Poughkeepsie too :P

I can't even find a RANGE that doesn't charge $500/year + service to be a member.

Let me know if you find anything - I'd love to at least spectate and learn a thing or two from the masters.

Take care in Iraq!
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 6:19:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/15/2008 6:28:30 PM EDT by Tommygun45]
DCPA is only $300.00 plus twelve work hours.  The fee goes down after your first year.

There are several IDPA master shooters and a few really good USPSA guys that shoot locally.  If you want to become a better shooter Ie shooting while moving, reloading both tactical and speed, low light shooting, and strong and week hand manipulations you should come out.  if you want to be faster and more accurate with a handgun you should come out and shoot with us.  If you want to stroke your ego you probably don't want to shoot with us.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 2:12:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By echobravo316:
Hey I'm in Poughkeepsie too :P

I can't even find a RANGE that doesn't charge $500/year + service to be a member.

Let me know if you find anything - I'd love to at least spectate and learn a thing or two from the masters.

Take care in Iraq!

If you don't mind crossing the river you can join the Walden Sportsmen's Club

Dues are only $110 per year and we have a very nice 150 yard covered range.  Drop me a line if interested and I can bring you in as a guest to check out the facilities.

To the OP stay safe over there buddy!  I still owe you a beer when you get home.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:33:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AddictedToGuns:
Or any tactical carbine matches?  

I have not posted any information here yet. But the past shooters have gotten the early word so here goes.

On April 25 and 26, 2009 The Combat Weapons Team will hold there Memorial Match in honor of a fallen team member at West Point.

It will be a two gun match (Rifle and Pistol). More details to be posted soon.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:57:37 AM EDT
Tommygun gives good advice. The guys down at DCPA are a good bunch to shoot with. Many contacts to be made, and lots of fun shooting.

best regards,

Luis Leon
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 10:45:22 PM EDT
Sounds good. Looks like I will look into this stuff. Thanks for the help guys!
Top Top