Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2017 11:47:56 PM EDT
Have had 2 people  call me in 2 days telling me about a Remington 700 they have, not sure of caliber. Heavy barrel, camo stock, asking $2000-with no scope. I've been working while they've been open and haven't had a chance to go look, but trying to figure out something that would make an unscoped 700 worth anywhere near that kind of money.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Have had 2 people  call me in 2 days telling me about a Remington 700 they have, not sure of caliber. Heavy barrel, camo stock, asking $2000-with no scope. I've been working while they've been open and haven't had a chance to go look, but trying to figure out something that would make an unscoped 700 worth anywhere near that kind of money.
View Quote

It's clearly the gun Chris Kyle used to kill Osama Bin Laden
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's clearly the gun Chris Kyle used to kill Osama Bin Laden
View Quote

I pretty much figured as much myself, I paid less than half what they're asking for a 700 Varmint with Leupold scope and 475 rounds of ammo. Just the rifle, no scope or ammo? Unless there's something really special I'm seeing closer to $600 on a very good day.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Straight Factory for certain models 600 is probably about right. You start throwing on a Higher end stock, some hi-fi barrel, smith work, etc, you can get to $2k fairly easily starting with a 700 action.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing Remington makes is worth 2k.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:42:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Straight Factory for certain models 600 is probably about right. You start throwing on a Higher end stock, some hi-fi barrel, smith work, etc, you can get to $2k fairly easily starting with a 700 action.
View Quote

I can see a custom build costing the user that much, but don't see it selling used for anywhere close to it. I build  a rifle, sell that rifle to you, now you have an expensive rifle that you have to spend even more money on to make it the way you want it-especially in a pawn shop when there are no receipts documenting who installed the parts to show it was done right.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, whatever it was, someone must have bought at least according to the dude that answered the phone.... ??
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I have been in there a couple of times and their prices are really really high. Guns are bad anyway... who needs them
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#8]
It was Carlos Hathcock's M40. They are also selling Hitler's canoe.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:43:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Went in today and confirmed the rifle is indeed gone. They did have a Glenfield 75 with a silvertone scope for $150ish I almost bought. Scope would have come off and been traded to a friend who has several 60's in stainless.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top