Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2013 5:20:39 PM EDT
Doctor who? I heard the tail end on the radio but didn't get his name.

It sounded like a personal diatribe paid for by a Springfield doctor advocating limited mag capacities etc...

Please help me find out who this guy is.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Believe his name is Gilbert Mobley, an ER doctor from Springfield.

Also - Bow Ties are cool and its smaller on the outside.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope that we, the tax payer, are not footing the bill.  If it's his money then more power to him.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Believe his name is Gilbert Mobley, an ER doctor from Springfield.

Also - Bow Ties are cool and its smaller on the outside.

"Gil", that's it. Thank you.

Not sure about the reference regarding your last statement?

Eta fwiw, my intension is to invite him to go shoot and engage in some conversation.  I have to know why a Dr would pay the ridiculous price of radio advertising to propagate a purely emotional statement.  He might work in an ER, but obviously doesnt have LEO friends or listen to a scanner.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#4]
He used to have a business at 3000 E Division. Not sure if its there anymore. Havent heard the commercial yet? What was said?
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Its a Doctor Who reference. Longest running Sci Fi show on Tv. Also British. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Its a Doctor Who reference. Longest running Sci Fi show on Tv. Also British. Good stuff.

I watched Dr Who but it's been a long long time.  I obviously missed the reference

Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock also good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Remind his elitist ass that Doctors and Nurses kill more people than guns and automobiles combined....
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:10:24 AM EDT
[#9]
He owns Dr Gil's Immediate Care on 3000 E Division in Springfield.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:55:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He used to have a business at 3000 E Division. Not sure if its there anymore. Havent heard the commercial yet? What was said?

Can't quote as I've only caught bits and pieces but the reference was distinct about mag-cap limits.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, keep us posted and let us know what his response is.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Remind his elitist ass that Doctors and Nurses kill more people than guns and automobiles combined....

They don't call it practice for nothing!
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:55:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well, keep us posted and let us know what his response is.

I have a rough draft typed, still working on it. My biggest obstacle now is finding an email address for him. I may need some help with that.

If need be I'll ask for help in GD.

I'd be on my way to Jeff city right now but I'm at work
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:12:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Reading the comments reminded me why I don't usually do that.

The responses generally consist of a bunch of boo-hoo bullshit perpetuated by a bunch of fat skank morons who spend their life on Facebook and other social networks without realizing that the only other people that care about their mouse jockey opinions are also braindead slobs.  

To those dumb bitches talking like they know a goddamn thing about anything other than twinkies or how to fix a seven year old demon spawns iPhone after they dropped it in the toilet, go watch tv and shut the fuck up.  Grownups are trying to fix shit.  Motherfuckers

I feel a little better now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Apparently, guns are evil and should be banned but weed is perfectly fine...according to the doctor in question anyway...

Exhibit "A"
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Apparently, guns are evil and should be banned but weed is perfectly fine...according to the doctor in question anyway...

Exhibit "A"

Nice find!  One of my old customers moved to CO so he could grow weed for his consumption. He has a shitload of guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top