Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 6:34:44 PM EDT
If one of the WA HT members wished to ask a question regarding a personal, family, or just generally local topic, not wanting to put it in GD for the World to see ---

Is that allowed?
Is there a qualifier required to indicate that the 'question in question' is there for that reason?
It could be about many things, just something that wouldn't be prudent to post in GD.

Had to ask.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Just end every post with "...and how does this make my compatriots here in the great state of Washington feel?"
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Get those lab results back?

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:07:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Get those lab results back?

Goddamn, what're ya, clairvoyant???  I'm waiting on that!  Sshhhh.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:13:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Couldnt ask for anything more.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:45:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds reasonable, thanks for doing a great job OdT

Quoted:

Good questions. I'm still getting a feel for the membership, the staff, and the overall atmosphere here, so please bear with me.

I didn't follow the entire disruption that recently took place here in WAHTF, but I did follow it enough to know there will be residual concerns.

In my current opinion, if anyone has something to post that they feel they'd prefer to share only in WAHTF, then so be it. When and if I discover a reason to limit that, I'll announce it prior to taking any action.

So for now, no qualifier is required or desired by me. If I learn differently, you'll be the second to know about it.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Odt.  One challenge we had was that we would initiate a discussion over lunch or a shoot (ferret 50 comes to mind), come here and have a thread...which would subsequently be moved or locked.  It definitely seemed to cause some frustration.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks Odt.  One challenge we had was that we would initiate a discussion over lunch or a shoot (ferret 50 comes to mind), come here and have a thread...which would subsequently be moved or locked.  It definitely seemed to cause some frustration.

The example you mentioned was a duplicate of a thread on the same first page of the forum with a very similar title. Duplicates have always been frowned upon anywhere on this site, at least as long as I have been here.

Hey CavVet...brining your Ferret50 to LCR? 8-7-2005

For those wondering about my Ferret being at LCR........ 8-8-2005

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:35:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:44:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If one of the WA HT members wished to ask a question regarding a personal, family, or just generally local topic, not wanting to put it in GD for the World to see ---

Is that allowed?
Is there a qualifier required to indicate that the 'question in question' is there for that reason?
It could be about many things, just something that wouldn't be prudent to post in GD.

Had to ask.

FWIW I have not seen any of these locked that did not violate the Conduct Code.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:34:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:41:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
--- not wanting to put it in GD for the World to see ---  

FWIW I have not seen any of these locked that did not violate the Conduct Code.

Questions about medication; mental health or dick warts; tranny shops or whatever...some things just don't need to be read in AssBackwardStan or other irrelevant locations by people who have no clue as to who you are or the area you live in.
That's what I'm talking about.
I ask only for leniancy, Your Honor.  Not lunacy...

I gotta go drive a Bus.   Seeya in Traffic!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top