Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/4/2006 1:24:10 PM EDT
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=319298

So blacksheep could not read, it is still another excuse to thrash on "Conus" only sellers.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:27:03 PM EDT
I saw that

F' Them

I now always make and offer on any item with shipping included to CONUS that says I will buy it if you will ship to Alaska. It cost the same through USPS priority mail, take a look at usps.com and let me know.
I have not had one person back out since

Its something that must be agreed to prior to money changing hands
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:19:51 PM EDT
CON 48 ONLY , No shipping to AK and HI as we can not Internationl , Sorry.
However, We can ship your item to a US APO Base in Guam via USPS. Thank you.

I is smart

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:13:03 PM EDT
I purchased a knife off an ebay auction on December 16. The seller listed a $4.50 shipping charge. I asked him to send it priority. According to USPS the options for shipping a 9oz item are:

priority mail -- 3.85 delivery time 3 days
1st class -- 2.21 delivery time 3 days
parcel post -- 3.75 whenever

Seller sent it parcel post. Dumbshit could have saved a $1.50 and sent it first class. It's still somewhere between here and Ohio....

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:25:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 9:52:04 PM EDT by Rabon]
I'll be damned, I couldn't understand why the women in HI seemed so small, almost fragile in comparison to Alaskan women, I must have seen inhabitants of one of the Leper colonies. ETA and they looked really good
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:55:30 AM EDT
It looks like the original post on EE stated lower-48 only. Can't get too bent out of shape if the buyer was ignorant and not afraid to admit it. I'm not an apologist, but sure sounds like a case of something he should have looked at.

As an Alaskan, that's always the FIRST thing I look at.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:54:47 PM EDT
Damnit its locked . But at least some one else brought up the flat rate boxes for me .
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:24:22 PM EDT
I make it a point to tell them right up front there might be increased costs for shipping, there is only Air FedEx and UPS (at the time), and priority mail would be the preferred and cheaper route. Compared with some zones non-flat rate can cost less but so what, just charge me, I expect it and accept it.

There is one naughty exception I made once.

A new business was starting, advertises Starlight cases at close to cost, shipping included. No CONUS limitation. I can't resist so I sez okay, send me a couple. I was feeling guilty and would have paid him more once he found out what it means to ship to Alaska as in FedEx and UPS air prices since we didn't have ground. Damn if they didn't show up with a crap load of stamps, Priority mail. I told him that I knew I had sandbagged him to teach him a lesson as well as make out on an incredible deal since shipping costs would have ruined it. He refused to take any additional monies and told me it was a good lesson. He was stand up, ate the costs, not a single whine. That's the kind of guy I like to do business with. He told me he learned his lesson and would take that into account in the future. Did he get pissed or stop doing business with Alaska? No. He did the right thing taking his lumps for his own mistakes, learning a valuable lessons, and did not have any ill will. His business does very well now and has grown nicely.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:43:23 AM EDT
Forget the specifics, but I had one guy tell me he wanted $30 more than the $8 I had paid him because that's what it cost him to ship whatever it was UPS. But... he'd already shipped it. I asked why he didn't ship through the Post Office like he said and he said he was already going to UPS. Most people prefer UPS because of Tracking, I guess. Bottom line, I didn't pay him.

It's a combination of greed, laziness, ignorance, and discrimination. Just like those 'bridges to nowhere' I keep hearing about. Hell, ALASKA is nowhere to them so ANY bridge up here is going to be fought. Imagine trying to get the bridge we DO have built today. You want to build a bridge to the Palmer Flats?!!! But that's all barren swamp land. You already have a bridge there! Damned Alaskans.

I've seen many a bridge along the California Coast that went from nowhere to nowhere and NOBODY in Alaska complains about that. With the traffic that the Knik Arm would take, who could argue? Ignorant FUCKS in the lesser 48 could, that's who. Gets under my skin.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:54:08 AM EDT
An annoying fact of life if you live here or in HI.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:27:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2006 2:27:38 AM EDT by mopeman440]
That's why I like the $7.70 boxes through the Post Office. My old man lives in northern Maine and I use those to sent him a lot of stuff. I rape them pretty good, all the boxes average around 30 pounds!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:57:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mopeman440:
That's why I like the $7.70 boxes through the Post Office. My old man lives in northern Maine and I use those to sent him a lot of stuff. I rape them pretty good, all the boxes average around 30 pounds!

Hell Ya. I just got 56 pounds of 50 BMG bullets in one. I wonder what the PO thought whwn they picked that bastatrd up.

I will always ask for the flat rate boxes when buying reloading components or gun parts
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:34:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TaylorWSO:

Originally Posted By mopeman440:

Hell Ya. I just got 56 pounds of 50 BMG bullets in one. I wonder what the PO thought whwn they picked that bastatrd up.

I will always ask for the flat rate boxes when buying reloading components or gun parts

Probably pretty similar to the UPS guy who said WTF is in this box
I said 86 pounds of 458 bullets
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:16:57 AM EDT
My mother-in-law trasnferred tools from Michigan to Alaska and Back for my Brother who was remodeling her house. About twenty boxes each way. Some lady at the Post Office told her she couldn't have that many boxes that she'd have to order them. Heck, I've "Ordered" the boxes SIX TIMES now and only gotten one shipment!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:13:23 PM EDT
I've never had a problem ordering massive amounts of priority supplies online. I usually get enough to last a long time so I don't do multiple orders. After talking to two different post offices I know that it's actually easier for a consumer like me to get those supplies than the postmasters through their own system. I've actually had postmasters ask if they could snag some of what I ordered while they were waiting for their own supplies to come in.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:29:54 PM EDT
Wilson added a post to the thread you gotta see, it is classic.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:16:00 PM EDT
Post a link, please, so that others may join in in your joy.
Top Top