Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2011 11:48:58 AM EDT
Second one in less than a month. This time near Bald Hill.

http://www.gazettetimes.com/news/local/article_788e3ffc-4e5f-11e0-8e40-001cc4c002e0.html

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Happy go lucky college town it ain't.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:33:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I love how shes not a criminal, but can't carry a weapon to protect herself from these kinds of dirt bags.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I love how shes not a criminal, but can't carry a weapon to protect herself from these kinds of dirt bags.

The article wont come up for me for some reason....Who says she can't carry a weapon?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Where in the hell in that snipet did you get she cant carry a weapon.  

She needs to get some runners mace, that would have taught those ass clowns a lesson....Lest they run into me on the trail with a hydration belt full of 9mm.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The article wont come up for me for some reason....Who says she can't carry a weapon?

Article says she's 19 y/o.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo its a fucking bullshit law. Technically this girl can open carry, however open carrying in Corvallis would be a death sentence. 0.5 seconds until you have Benton County, City, and State on your ass.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ignorance on her part for not realizing where she was running at and being too comfortable. It's a college town people, when I was at the running shop with smithy we encouraged all the women to carry something, we even had a couple who CC'Ed while running.
Brooke Wilberger was in '04 it's not a far stretch that it could happen again. Her story should be included in the freshman packet to all females attending. It doesn't matter when or where, it can happen.
My condolences to her hopefully she learned something, and I hope they get the bastards!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

She needs to get some runners mace, that would have taught those ass clowns a lesson....Lest they run into me on the trail with a hydration belt full of 9mm.

When it listed her age.  She can't buy the weapon, nor can she can't get a CHL at that age.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:49:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When it listed her age.  She can't buy the weapon, nor can she can't get a CHL at that age.

Why does a piece of protection always have to be a gun? Pepper spray is considered a "weapon"
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:06:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why does a piece of protection always have to be a gun? Pepper spray is considered a "weapon"

This!  And yes, as pointed out, at 19 she could own a handgun, albeit not carry concealed....also Pepper spray, small collapsable baton on a belt holster, various knives, tazer, sap gloves, etc...I believe despite her age, there are plenty of options that woulda solved the problem....the number one probably being mindset.  Being aware of your surroundings and not being an easy target is probably the biggest defense to criminals.  I can't think of how many times I have just people watched and seen so many of them with their eyes glued to their I-Phone while they are walking down the road!  For gods sake, I could walk right behind these fools, slip piano wire over their heads and choke em out and they probably wouldn't have even known I was there!!  Think of criminals as predators....you look like prey, you become prey.  In nature the predators dont pick the tough animal to take down, they choose the sick and weak.....this applies to the concrete jungle just as much as it does on the Serengeti.

Also, although I cannot pull up the article, does it say ANYWHERE in it that this girl even wanted to carry a gun?  Call me cynical, but I am guessing 19 year old girl in Corvallis would probably NOT wanna be anywhere near a gun.....before she was attacked at least.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:27:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This!  And yes, as pointed out, at 19 she could own a handgun, albeit not carry concealed....also Pepper spray, small collapsable baton on a belt holster, various knives, tazer, sap gloves, etc...I believe despite her age, there are plenty of options that woulda solved the problem....the number one probably being mindset.  Being aware of your surroundings and not being an easy target is probably the biggest defense to criminals.  I can't think of how many times I have just people watched and seen so many of them with their eyes glued to their I-Phone while they are walking down the road!  For gods sake, I could walk right behind these fools, slip piano wire over their heads and choke em out and they probably wouldn't have even known I was there!!  Think of criminals as predators....you look like prey, you become prey.  In nature the predators dont pick the tough animal to take down, they choose the sick and weak.....this applies to the concrete jungle just as much as it does on the Serengeti.

Also, although I cannot pull up the article, does it say ANYWHERE in it that this girl even wanted to carry a gun?  Call me cynical, but I am guessing 19 year old girl in Corvallis would probably NOT wanna be anywhere near a gun.....before she was attacked at least.

A woman reported she was assaulted after two men tried to rob her while she was jogging at about 1:58 p.m. Sunday near the 6700 block of Southwest Reservoir Avenue, near the Bald Hill Natural Area.
The woman, 19, stopped jogging to bend down and tie her shoe when two males approached her from behind to ask if she had any change. When she told them “no,” they asked her for her wallet and iPod. She did not have either of these items, and attempted to back away. The suspects grabbed her, threw her to the ground and kicked her several times before running off.
The woman walked and jogged back to her residence and called 911. She sustained minor injuries.
She described one of the suspects as a Hispanic male in his mid 20s with dark brown hair, a goatee and mustache who wore black jeans and a gray sweatshirt. She described the second suspect as a white male in his mid 20s with brown hair who wore denim shorts and a red sweatshirt. The second suspect’s sweatshirt may have had the words Roca Wear on it.
Srg. Jef Van Arsdall said he hasn’t heard of such an incident in the 14 years he’s worked for the Corvallis Police Department.
The investigation is active, but he encourages anyone who is jogging or participating in outdoor activities to always stay in populated areas and let others know where you plan to be.
“It’s a good practice to let people know where you’re at,” Van Arsdall said.
Anyone with information regarding this case is encouraged to contact Officer James Dodge at 541-766-6924.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top