Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/28/2005 3:38:30 PM EDT
On July 9, 2005 we had a clean up at Redington Pass. I noticed when shooting up there 2 days ago that areas 1, 2 and 3 need some serious attention. There is more trash than on July 9. Would anyone be interested in helping a clean up some time after Labor Day weekend? thanks. Charles.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:53:41 PM EDT
grrrrrrr . . . . I expect it to stay clean! Oh well, count me in, depending on how the projects shape up.
Cy
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:12:26 PM EDT
I had planned on another one for later sept when it cools off more. The last 2 weekends though i have plans.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:23:15 PM EDT
I'm busy mid to late October but the first weekend should be ok. Rob_M, do you think the FS folks would attend with their truck again?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:51:48 AM EDT
First weekend in October would be great with me. There are more washing machines up in area 1 and lots of crap in 2 and 3. If the USFS could show up again with their truck that would great. Charles.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:01:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cgj:
I'm busy mid to late October but the first weekend should be ok. Rob_M, do you think the FS folks would attend with their truck again?

I don't think that would be a problem at all.

There has got to be a way to keep idiots from doing this kind of crap to that mountain.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:10:32 AM EDT
Depending on when and my work I may make it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:22:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Rob_M:
o
o
o
There has got to be a way to keep idiots from doing this kind of crap to that mountain.

Barbed wire?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:52:53 PM EDT
land mines? automated gun turrets?

im game, just let me know when
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:25:05 PM EDT
If anyone is willing to pick me up (north phoenix) and drop me off back home, I'll help. I'll even bring the beer. And some tannerite.

How close to Phoenix is this?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:38:02 PM EDT
im up for it let me know. i was up there a week ago and it was trashed i cleaned up some of
#1 what a mess! send me an email or an im when its a go,
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:57:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By richardh247:
If anyone is willing to pick me up (north phoenix) and drop me off back home, I'll help. I'll even bring the beer. And some tannerite.

It's close to tucson, Id say about 2 to 2.5 hours from phoenix...
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:28:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sWs2:

Originally Posted By richardh247:

It's close to tucson, Id say about 2 to 2.5 hours from phoenix...

Oh. OK. Guess that's out then. I love the idea, though! Maybe I'll set one up at Table Mesa... cleanup and shooting during the day, Fox and the Hound that evening.

Just wish more people were willing t clean up, rather than put their shit out in the middle of the damn desert. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing a group out there shooting, and then they just leave their mess. Makes you wonder what their houses look like.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:46:15 PM EDT
Sigh. Look like I'm going to have to try and make my way up there this week or next.
Top Top