Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2004 12:14:38 PM EDT
I heard this sat., It appears that in Blago budget crunching, he told the Illinois state police to make due with the budget he gave them, cause they weren't getting anymore.  Well, The director of the state police decided that he was gonna trim the fat from the State Academy, which is used by departments around the state for their new hires.  The Illinois State police academy will no longer allow anyone other than state police to use there facilities.  I also heard that the director made all non-State police recruits at the academy return to their departments effective immediately.

There is an article in the Springfield papers archives, but I'm not gonna pay for it, just to link it.  I'm hoping this will be the final nail on the governors political coffin.  I know that several departments in the Will county area use ISP's academy as well as PTI.  And I'm pretty sure that PTI, at present, can't handle the amount of new recruits.  Chicago Police Academy has always limited the amount of non-CPD recruits, so maybe they will handle some of the burden.  

Just thought that you all should know that Blago may not be getting the support of the Police departments around the state like he did in the first run. Lets hope this sinks him.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:14:39 PM EDT
[#1]
i wonder how that fits into increaseing homeland security as the democratic candidate is saying in all his debates

ah maybe they can use the increase of  tollway cash --  hahahaha
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top