Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 10:54:23 PM EDT
Hello to all.  I am also an ex Navy Submariner" Boomers", retired in 95 after seventeen and a half years, early retiree.  Have been following the site for a few months now and found it to be a outstanding source of information.  Completed my first build a few weeks ago, but have not fired it yet. Again, hello to all and keep the good information coming.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:01:45 PM EDT
[#1]
As a former Submariner, let me be the first to welcome you to the forum!  Have yerself a good look around.  We have a great bunch of nuts here...

BTW:  EM1 (SS) Nuke, USS Helena (SSN-725) 2000-2004
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:14:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Alright, you can't have too many ex-squids, welcome aboard! Was MT a "Missile Tech" rating exclusive to sub's? We had FTM's responsible for our  16 "Harpoon" and 32 "Tomahawk" cruise missiles onboard the Big J.

EM2(SW), 3rd Recommissioning crew, Battleship New Jersey (BB-62) 1/82-3/85
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:16:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Arrrrrrrrr! Ye be a salior eh?  Welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:25:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Just what we need another !

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Alright, you can't have too many ex-squids, welcome aboard! Was MT a "Missile Tech" rating exclusive to sub's? We had FTM's responsible for our  16 "Harpoon" and 32 "Tomahawk" cruise missiles onboard the Big J.

EM2(SW), 3rd Recommissioning crew, Battleship New Jersey (BB-62) 1/82-3/85

MT's maintain and operate the "Special" missiles.  

I knew a few people who became MT's when they were unable to make it through Nuke school.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:56:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just what we need another !

Yep there go the Neighborhood!

ET3/SS USS Cincinnati SSN 693

So how blow sans to get you to retire early?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:15:32 AM EDT
[#7]

MIRV'd Trident C-4's and D-5's are pretty "special" alright, especially accurate, especially long ranged, especially decisive in concluding the "Cold War" !!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

MIRV'd Trident C-4's and D-5's are pretty "special" alright, especially accurate, especially long ranged, especially decisive in concluding the "Cold War" !!

I like to call SSBN's "WWIII in a Can"
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:09:46 PM EDT
[#9]
MT's took care of the Missiles and Launcher  and FTB's the fire control portion.  Both rating merged in the early 90's to MT's.  One big over manned rating.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:15:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
MT's took care of the Missiles and Launcher  and FTB's the fire control portion.  Both rating merged in the early 90's to MT's.  One big over manned rating.

You don't know the half of it.  QM's, IC's, and ET's all merged into "Nav ET's" and TM's are now MM's, but not to be confused with A-Gang or M-Div.

You know what really blows ass?  Changing light bulbs and ballasts in the Reactor Compartment hours after shutdown to get ready for ORSE.  Damn it's hot in there!  (Hot hot, not radiation hot).
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't know the half of it.  QM's, IC's, and ET's all merged into "Nav ET's" and TM's are now MM's, but not to be confused with A-Gang or M-Div.hat

I feel your pain Prompt! Our conventional (steam, navy distillate) plant required an OPPE board prior to our recomm. In the board's infinite wisdom, they decided that every single boiler sight-glass indicator required a battle lantern with a power failure module be permanently installed and they gave us (EM's,IC's,HT's and MR's) three days to accomplish. We had eight 600 lb. B&W boilers with a total SHP of 212,000+, four Firerooms each having an upper and a lower level and a shitload of sightglasses in some pretty difficult locations. Our CHENG (a mustang O-5) did his best to shift the steam plant around our project but it was still the hottest, dirtiest and longest three days of my life but we did it, much to the surprise of the board members. According to our D.O. (a mustang  0-3), we were the first.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Stop all this Navy talk!  Damn squid convention!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:06:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Welcome to the boards.  

You bubble heads were all just Targets ;)

AO3 (AC)  Patron 4 Skinny Dragons
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Welcome to the board.

Commander: USS Alamo LB 457 (2004-2006)
(that’s the La-z-boy model 457… the Alamo)
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Welcome to the board.

Commander: USS Alamo LB 457 (2004-2006)

(that’s the La-z-boy model 457… the Alamo)

Ya well,

<---- 87th Chairborn Specops division.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Stop all this Navy talk!  Damn squid convention!

You are hereby awarded 30 days restriction, 30 days extra duty, forfeiture of half a months pay for two months, and confinement to the brig with bread and water only.

You would get flogged, but you would like it too much...
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:26:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Ever scrape barnacles off a boat hull??  I did that for too g*damn long and I was never in the Navy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top