Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 6:16:56 PM EDT
Well is topped into my locak Dicks Sporting Goods (Clay,NY) to pick up the 223 Ammo listed in their sale ad this weekend. For the record they have Remington UMC 50 Round packs for $4.48 (case price). No problem, im looking for a few thousand. I wasnt expecting much as Dicks is notorious for misprints in their ad's. I made my way back to the lodge and to my surprise the ammo had a place on the shelf at the exact advertised price, empty of course

I waited for the first associate and told him that i was interested in getting a few k of the Remington UMC 50 round value packs they had for sale. The guy seemed kind of surprised and then tried to deny that the price could be right even after pointing out the sign on the shelf and the empty spot along with the sale ad. he even commeneted "that would be giving it away". He said well we dont have any in but i can write you a raincheck at which time another associate who looked a little bit longer in the tooth said, "yeah we only had 9 of them in on sunday when the sale flyer came out and they were gone by 9:00am on sunday". "Im surprised they havent sent us more, but we have about 10 rainchecks on them so we should be getting some soon". That was encouraging.

The first guy wrote me a raincheck for 3k, so well see what materializes. Im not holding my breath, but well see.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:28:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Bitching will get you just about anything you like, managers will just want you out of the store.

I'm checking out the shoppingtown one tomorrow. Work nearby but I can't remember if they carry gun stuff.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:39:00 PM EDT
[#2]

I'm checking out the shoppingtown one tomorrow. Work nearby but I can't remember if they carry gun stuff.

They Do. There is a pretty nice guy who works there often, I think his name is Steve. When i lived on Tipp Hill i used to buy pistol ammo over there all the time.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:04:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a raincheck for 1000 at the Middletown store. No call yet!

Whisky19
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:48:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Whisky19

I have a raincheck for 2 cases from Middletown - get in line
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:56:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whisky19

I have a raincheck for 2 cases from Middletown - get in line

I got mine on Tuesday nite! When did you get yours?

Whisky19
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:26:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Sunday morning when I saw the flyer in the THR.  Of course they didn't have any in stock on the day of the sale, lol.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Flyer was an error. Not honoring the price at the Shoppingtown Dicks.

They did have Rem UMC 9mm for $5.48 case price, bx 50.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not sure it was an error. The Middletown Dick's had the shelf tag (on an empty shelf) showing the $4.48 "as advertised" price.

If they aren't honoring the price it soulds like the ol' "bait and switch" routine to me!

Whisky19
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:29:16 AM EDT
[#10]
My suspicion is that the quantity (50 rd. box) is in error.  I stongly suspect it is packaged in 20 round boxes which make it a much less attractive deal.  I got the raincheck just in case
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#11]
How long have you guys waited for them to get back to you that your ammo was in?  I went there yesterday and got a raincheck on 1 case of .45 and 2 cases of 9mm, as I figured they wouldn't have anything onhand.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My suspicion is that the quantity (50 rd. box) is in error.  I stongly suspect it is packaged in 20 round boxes which make it a much less attractive deal.  I got the raincheck just in case

Aye the guy said it only comes in 20, 40, and 200 round boxes. I got a raincheck on 20 boxes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top