Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2005 8:16:50 AM EDT
A range report from our last weekends 4H shoot.

The kids worked wth the United Way in the morning, so we decided to just do a fun shoot in the afternoon.  We are usually getting ready for a match, or shooting for postal league scores, but this time was just for fun.

The kids ages reange from 8 to 18 and skill levels are from the newest beginners to state qualifiers.

We started out with two firing lines and one archary range.  The fourth line was being used by some senior club members sighting in their deer rifles.  Everyone had a blast.  THe kids were shooting everything from bb guns to .45's, whatever they wanted.  There were little mini contests going on between kids and parents or kids and their friends.  Other sr. club members showed up and shot with us.  It was well run and safe.  I think the best part was watchine one family shoot together.  The son (11) was shooting his .32.  Mom and Dad were shooting their .40 and .45 and Grandma was next to them with her pistol.  Wish I had my camera.

It will probably be awhile before we have another fun shoot like this.  It will be back to working on postal shoots and getting ready for matches.  But when we do. I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:56:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top