Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2009 11:25:48 AM EDT
my wait for my CWL. Man its gonna be a long three months.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:05:25 PM EDT
[#1]
FYI I think there is much more of a backlog than that for the permit right now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#2]
More like 5-6 months...
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Regardless, its going to feel like forever.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
More like 5-6 months...

Has anyone challenged this violation yet?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife works for PBSO and they recently got a email saying there is a 6 month backlog. I know it sucks, but thats a good thing for us. I love to know there is more of us out there. People speak usually with their wallet, and I think the past few months have show our leaders how the population feels about guns.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I totally agree with you on that one. I just wish I had the ability to apply sooner than I did.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:41:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Good luck I hope you don't have to wait nearly that long; but the more the merrier.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#8]
One is paying a fee to exercise one's human and civil right, already
guaranteed, and also kept on a fucking Government list....the honorable
thing for these people to do is to expedite the issuance of the fucking
plastic and not let the citizen wait so long for them to finish scratching
their balls. geeez.
...and I'm only on my first drink.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#9]
It is BS with that I will agree. That is also what separates us from the scum we want to protect ourselves from. We will follow the law even if we find it to be the dumbest thing on the planet, and they won't no matter what.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:06:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Not aymore, the State hired 60+ employees just for the CWP. My wife sent hers in late January and recieved it in mid april so it is not that bad anymore. And she didnt do the Electronic fingerprint crap, I as an instructor advise my students to do the good old ink fingerprint , cant trust the burocrats to match and look for your prints.

I also sent for my renewal in mid February and recieved it on April 26th. So again it is getting better, dont let that stop from getting the permit. Feels good , mine now expires 04/22/20016

223SAINT
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:33:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not aymore, the State hired 60+ employees just for the CWP. My wife sent hers in late January and recieved it in mid april so it is not that bad anymore. And she didnt do the Electronic fingerprint crap, I as an instructor advise my students to do the good old ink fingerprint , cant trust the burocrats to match and look for your prints.

I also sent for my renewal in mid February and recieved it on April 26th. So again it is getting better, dont let that stop from getting the permit. Feels good , mine now expires 04/22/20016

223SAINT

Consider yourselves lucky.  I sent mine in January 18th and I was told that they are still processing the early January applications.  They gave me three more weeks before they get to the late January.  This is as of today's phone call.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:56:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmmm... I guess we are lucky , my students have waited an extra 2 weeks tops so I dont know what else to tell you. My October and November students did wait an extra 3 weeks tho

Good Luck,
223SAINT
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:23:09 AM EDT
[#13]
You've gotta remember fellas, it's a government branch and everyone knows a government office is never in any hurry to do anything.  It's not like they have competition to where if you don't like their laziness you can just take your business elsewhere.  Has anyone been into a Driver's License office lately?  I had to go and get a new one recently because I moved my address and I must have seen 50 people in there with a total of 3 people servicing them.  When I sent off for my permit nearly two years ago it took about 6 weeks.  A coworker of mine just took nearly four months.  It actually depends on the person's desk it shows up on.  It is madenning that the actual background check only takes 5 minutes but it takes somebody three months to even get to it.  I remember getting peeved at how long it takes back a couple years ago.  I've got a better one for you though:

I bought a Krinkov from a seller in MN and it took over four months for the Form 4 to be finished to where he could transfer it to my Class III dealer.  Now I've sent the paperwork to transfer it to me and I'm back in line again.  My awesome ass Krinkov is sitting at a local gunshop collecting dust while I'm waiting for an ATF clerk to get around to running a quick background check.  Hell, it's bought on a revocable living trust so they don't even need fingerprints or a photo.  How long could the background check possibly take?  2 minutes?  I'm looking forward to finally getting my tax stamp back somewhere between now and when hell freezes over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top