BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 1:47:48 PM EDT
Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Bigfoot video makes big dollars in U.S.

By Dawn Walton
The Globe and Mail

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CALGARY -- The Canadian sasquatch story -- complete with video of a massive, hairy beast -- will air tomorrow night on A Current Affair, the granddaddy of American tabloid television, the Fox network said.

However, since the program broadcasts only in the United States, Canadians without special cable service or satellite who are interested in catching a glimpse of the video that grabbed headlines around the world will have to be content with watching a snippet of Northern Manitoba's supposed sasquatch on the Internet (http://www.acurrentaffair.com ).

The network said yesterday that its bigfoot segment will be posted on its website for international viewers on Thursday.

Matt Moneymaker, a sasquatch hunter and the director of the U.S.-based Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization, has viewed the video, which was shot along the Nelson River about 500 kilometres north of Winnipeg.

"For those of us who have been studying authentic footage and debunking bogus footage for a long time, the full circumstances of this incident point to a credible encounter," Mr. Moneymaker says on his organization's website.

He describes the image as blurry and shot from a distance, but clearly not an illusion caused by light, a bear or fabrication.

"[It is] a dark, upright, primate figure, with arms and legs somewhat like a human, standing on a riverbank," he writes.

"[It is] either a human or a sasquatch, but among those two candidates it is not clearly one or the other, due to the blurriness of the footage."

Bobby Clarke, the videographer who lives in Norway House, Man., has received an undisclosed amount of money for giving the Fox program first crack at airing the video, according to his family.

Mr. Clarke is a ferry operator who was working an early morning shift when he spotted something peculiar on the river bank.

The images, shot with a camcorder that he is rarely without, show about 30 seconds of a huge, hairy creature some viewers have described as perhaps three metres tall.

The video has been viewed by hundreds of people in Mr. Clarke's mother's living room in their remote community.

When interest from media outlets and sasquatch aficionados started flooding in from around the world, Mr. Clarke stopped taking calls and his mother cut off access to the video.

The family began looking for a buyer and experts to view the tape. According to Langford Saunders, who is a town councillor in Norway House and the uncle of Mr. Clarke's wife, the folks at A Current Affair seemed the most interested and were the first to make the trek north.

Mr. Saunders won't talk finances, but the gossip going around bigfoot tracking circles is an amount in the six figures.

"It's a long-term thing for the family and for tourism in the community," Mr. Saunders said.

Mr. Saunders said it was important to the family to have the video assessed by an expert and they were thrilled with Mr. Moneymaker's opinion.

"We weren't too sure what we have. Now we are," Mr. Saunders said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I liked the movie "Harry and the Hendersons"   I used to watch it every day ehen I was a kid.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:08:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought the one in bruce almighty was kinda cool.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I never saw the video. Supposedly Fox was going to have it on a website but it's not there anymore. Also, it is supposedly fuzzy when he magnified the image.
A few years ago there was a tape from Asia where some German man and wife got a video of a Yeti, Bigfoot, crossing a gulley covered with snow. It was taken looking down. It was shown on TV quite a few times but then disappeared from the public domain. It was a really good tape.
Like ACmans says, it's BS (for Bigfoot Sighting),
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:03:59 PM EDT
[#4]
smoke&mirrors
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
potsmoke&coke lined mirrors

fixed it for you
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:12:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
potsmoke&coke lined mirrors

WWHHOOOODDAAAMMMNN! THATS MY FAVORITE KIND!

nothing quite as good as settin back relaxing with a fresh salem in one hand, a burbon and coke in the other and a damn good (pronounced God Damn Good) lookin surfer girl settin on your lap; but alas, alls not perfect in my little world, here lately, its been a hoarded salem, a natual lite and an slightly older(as in dog years older) woman, and thats only on tuesdays, missionary position and sober, plus I can't smoke cigerettes, wear shoes or cuss in the house.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's a still picture from the Nepal SnowWalker video I mentioned earlier.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:50:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Here's a still picture from the Nepal SnowWalker video I mentioned earlier.

i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/danc46/snowwalker2.jpg

Looks like a dude in a ghillie suit or a big ass parka
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#9]
x2 on a big ass parka
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah a Parka....a full body parka since its legs are huge too.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#11]
danc

your in bad shape man my mom was laughing at your bigfoot-foo she said those pics look fake as hell I showed her all your recent bigfoot threads

She said and I quote  "what the hell is wrong with him did he get messed up in vietnam or something"  

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
danc

your in bad shape man my mom was laughing at your bigfoot-foo she said those pics look fake as hell I showed her all your recent bigfoot threads

She said and I quote  "what the hell is wrong with him did he get messed up in vietnam or something"  

Nope, it wasn't Nam. Must be the people I associate with on the internet!
ACman, one day you may meet my partner - the one I talked out of "ambushing" the Concho critters. I've adopted the "boy" in some ways, but he is the one that REALLY got me believing in the damn things. I know we throw lots of BS out here, all in fun and harassing each other. But if I'm a fool for believing in these critters, then  I have lots of company. That video clip ain't the best - there are better around than that one.
But I'm still glad your mom got a good laugh out of it. If you two got a hoot out of it, I'm tickled.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:42:28 PM EDT
[#13]
man thats gotta be a coat or something, that dudes got a head like a bastard tomcat.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Ndenway, email inbound with a video clip attached. I believe it to be the real thing, but that and a $1 will buy you a cup of coffee!
I wish I could find that SnowWalker video on the net!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:44:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Nowata County
Nowata Monster

The creatures that live between the Sandstone Hills and the Ozark Plateau in northeastern Oklahoma have terrorized residents for decades. The hairy, upright walking beasts were first spotted in 1974 in the community of Watova, just outside the town of Nowata. Since then, whole families of the Bigfoot creatures have been sighted. They range in size from six feet tall and give off a horrible odor. In 1975, the creature clan was sighted near Noxie. One angered Bigfoot attacked a hunter, and another damaged a pickup truck. The foul smelling animals have been seen by dozens of witnesses, including hunters, sheriff deputies, and National Guard troops.

Nowata County is in the northeast corner of Oklahoma. The desolate region is in the Coo-Wee-Scoo-Wee district of the old Cherokee Nation.
The town of Nowata is forty five miles northeast of Tulsa on U.S. highway 169. Watova is six miles south of Nowata on US highway 169. Many sightings have taken place near Oologah Lake at Double Creek Cove, two miles south of Nowata.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:15:30 PM EDT
[#16]
One more for ACman's mom! This is too good - might be a fake! Obviously a male. Check out the "pezzonovante" in the usual place.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
One more for ACman's mom! This is too good - might be a fake! Obviously a male. Check out the "pezzonovante" in the usual place.

i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/danc46/BigfootCreek.jpg

If i show that to my mom she's going to want you checked in to a
VA hospital for ptsd...........it's a picture of a kids toy in mud puddle
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:45:35 AM EDT
[#18]
BTT....too good to not discuss.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#19]
DATE:    December 17, 2005

TIME:     Daytime

TERRAIN:    Wooded

OBSERVED:    Well to tell you the truth I never thought I would be emailing some big foot site telling people I think I seen Big foot or more like big foot's! Man I feel stupid about what Im getting ready to tell you. I've always been a big skeptic, so here it goes!

Today I went hunting with a friend walking down a big creek hunting ducks. We didn't have any luck so we decided to head back to the trucks . Well I stopped a ways from the trucks on the edge of the bank next to a bend in the creek. And I was going to try to get a squirrel before I left so my friend went back to the house to wait for me . So I start setting there for a good 30 min and it was getting dark and I had been watching a beaver some and a squirrel and some deer. Well I started watching the deer and noticed they were looking up the hill. And I heard something walking it sounded like more deer but it wasn't . They were black  and had white on there chest . I couldn't really make out what they were. They could have been pigs cause they were half as tall as the deer but im not positive. Now this is where it gets scary I turned my head back to see if the beaver was still there and standing there a little ways back and to the left from this tree about 20 yards ahead of the (pigs?) was this human shape not fat just big and at my first thought was oh its just some hillbillies or other hunters. So I stood up and was going  to yell at them but then I thought why would the deer and the beaver just stay and watch them and not run like if a person would walk up on them. So im standing up and i was able to notice there is no way that this is a man. And he is looking at me now watching me . I turned my head some more and seen another bout 5 yards from him watching me to. And that's when my heart dropped and I knew I shouldn't be there I had a bad gut feeling so I took off walking by the bank and noticed there were two more on  farther down the bank and bout  10 yards from each other and I think there was one more behind the (pigs?). All 4 on the opposite side of the creek bank just stood and watched me as I walked back down the bank to my truck. I have never been so scared in my life I was not picking up any good or friendly vibes from these 4 creatures that were watching me . I assume they were the family protectors or something.

Activities of Witness:   Hunting

Description of Creature:  They looked like tall apes kind of short haired.  They stood strait up and there arms were just a little bit longer then human arms not to ape like.

Other Notes:    I was not drinking nor under any kind of narcotic.

Additional Notes and or Follow up Comments:  Upon contact the witness had no additional information to add to this report.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
DATE:    December 17, 2005

TIME:     Daytime

TERRAIN:    Wooded

OBSERVED:    Well to tell you the truth I never thought I would be emailing some big foot site telling people I think I seen Big foot or more like big foot's! Man I feel stupid about what Im getting ready to tell you. I've always been a big skeptic, so here it goes!

Today I went hunting with a friend walking down a big creek hunting ducks. We didn't have any luck so we decided to head back to the trucks . Well I stopped a ways from the trucks on the edge of the bank next to a bend in the creek. And I was going to try to get a squirrel before I left so my friend went back to the house to wait for me . So I start setting there for a good 30 min and it was getting dark and I had been watching a beaver some and a squirrel and some deer. Well I started watching the deer and noticed they were looking up the hill. And I heard something walking it sounded like more deer but it wasn't . They were black  and had white on there chest . I couldn't really make out what they were. They could have been pigs cause they were half as tall as the deer but im not positive. Now this is where it gets scary I turned my head back to see if the beaver was still there and standing there a little ways back and to the left from this tree about 20 yards ahead of the (pigs?) was this human shape not fat just big and at my first thought was oh its just some hillbillies or other hunters. So I stood up and was going  to yell at them but then I thought why would the deer and the beaver just stay and watch them and not run like if a person would walk up on them. So im standing up and i was able to notice there is no way that this is a man. And he is looking at me now watching me . I turned my head some more and seen another bout 5 yards from him watching me to. And that's when my heart dropped and I knew I shouldn't be there I had a bad gut feeling so I took off walking by the bank and noticed there were two more on  farther down the bank and bout  10 yards from each other and I think there was one more behind the (pigs?). All 4 on the opposite side of the creek bank just stood and watched me as I walked back down the bank to my truck. I have never been so scared in my life I was not picking up any good or friendly vibes from these 4 creatures that were watching me . I assume they were the family protectors or something.

Activities of Witness:   Hunting

Description of Creature:  They looked like tall apes kind of short haired.  They stood strait up and there arms were just a little bit longer then human arms not to ape like.

Other Notes:    I was not drinking nor under any kind of narcotic.

Additional Notes and or Follow up Comments:  Upon contact the witness had no additional information to add to this report.

You've posted this one already, new material Dan!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#21]
I know, but it is the most recent sighting in Oklahoma. Look around the net and find the recent Sonoma video that was taken just a couple of months ago. It requires QuickTime on your computer. I'm not going to post it for you, look it up yourself. You might be surprised at what you find.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#22]
ooooooossssssssaaaaaaabbbbbbbbb

oooooooosssssssaaaaabbbbbb

ooooooossssssssaaaaaaaaabbbbbb
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top