Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2003 10:12:48 AM EDT
Hey, guys, anyone notice that ammo cans seem to be increasing in price lately?  And availability is iffy?  I was looking for some .50cal cans at the funshow and all I found was some dude selling them for $6.  I used to get them at the show for $5 or less.  Plus, the store that used to carry them are all out.  Wierd.  Anyone know where I can buy (not order, but buy and pick up) some .50cal cans for cheap?  

Ghost
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 10:47:02 AM EDT
[#1]
www.cheaperthandirt.com
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#2]
When I go down to Dothan AL for my Family Reunion I pick up a few, usually about 3 bucks each for the big ones, the little ones are about 2 bucks. I'll keep my eyes open and see what kind of deal I can get.

Can't remember the name of that place....
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#3]
If you can find the .50 cal cans for $3, I would like 2-3 cans, not too beat up please.

Ghost
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I buy my ammo from a place around here and it comes with an ammo can when you buy 500.  So I pay nothing extra for my 223 cans.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Bullseye has them in about 95% new for about 10 each.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 1:04:11 PM EDT
[#6]
$10 each?  Whoa, too much.  I paid $5-$6 for the two I have now.  I'm looking for a place that sells for close to that.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#7]
The reunion will be on Oct. 26th, unfortunately we are going to be one member short as of yesterday.

I'll pick up what I can and let y'all know when I get back, you can never have too many ammo cans, not only that I'm sure you guys will help lighten the load if I go overboard.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:13:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, if you have extras, I won't mind taking a few more off of your hands

Ghost
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I got a few from Alabama, IM me if interested.

While I was at the surplus store I noticed they had a 20rd mag for sale, I asked 'how much?'

$7.95    

It was the only one he had and it's in perfect condition. I left him my card so he would call me if he got any more.

I also got another P38... just in case

It was good to see the family although it was a slim turnout, only about 100 this time, half what it normally is. It was great to catch up with the old folks and eat some good food.

Edited to say... I posted these over in the Ga Only Ad Board on the link locked on top of the  Ga Forum. I'll get some pics up tonight... I hope.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top