Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2009 9:42:14 AM EDT
Went to Bass Pro to do some shooting this morning and checked out the ammo supply. Not much in stock for pistol, but  I did get a 200 round bulk box of .223 UMC for $89.90 and three 100 round boxes of Winchester .45 FMJ for $36.99 each. They had the .UMC .45 JHP, 200 rounds for $119 but the Winchester 100 round boxes were a better buy. They had about 10 boxes of the UMC .45 and were stocking the .223, had around 15 or so. The .223 is in a brown box and is stamped Remington Arms Co. but has a label for UMC on it too, I assume it is remanufcatured by UMC for Remington as they are in a Remington box 20 rounds per box. Can anyone confirm this? I scored the last three 20 round boxes of Remington 5.56 at Academy Sports yesterday for $10.99 per box, I thought that was a pretty good deal.

Edit for spelling.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Remington and UMC are the same.It is new ammo,they do not remanufacture.UMC is the bulk stuff, made in Loanoak Ark.,i think.
UMC is like WWB, not their top tier ammo, but great for most shooting tho.
Did i confuse you enough ??

ETA:  '05 Road Glide here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I was out there yesterday and today for the hunters safety course and noticed what they had but didn't price it. It was a decent amount of 223 given todays market availability.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Remington and UMC are the same.It is new ammo,they do not remanufacture.UMC is the bulk stuff, made in Loanoak Ark.,i think.
UMC is like WWB, not their top tier ammo, but great for most shooting tho.
Did i confuse you enough ??

ETA:  '05 Road Glide here.

No you actually cleared it up for me.   I wasn't sure about UMC. What I bought in both calibers is for target practicing anyway, I use Speer Gold Dot in my CCW.

I posted the OP so if anyone was having trouble finding any .223. I've been to Wal-Mart several times over the last couple of weeks and they are always out of what I need, Academy was out of .223 too and only had the three boxes of 5.56. I also got a 500 round box of .22LR High Velocity for something like $25.00, that gives me right at 1K rounds for the Ruger 10/22. I hope this doesn't last to much longer.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top