Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2009 10:16:02 AM EDT
The Wolf 7.62x39 ammo I was buying for 6.99/ per box of 20 a month or two ago is now 9.99 at Grady's Great Outdoors in my hometown of Anderson. I refuse to pay 9.99. It makes me want to....
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#1]
It's the same price here in the Midlands. Rediculous.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:39:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got an email about a distributor taking pre-orders for an upcoming shipment of Wolf 7.62x39. They are selling it at a discounted price of $379/1,000.  Too rich for my blood.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just got an email about a distributor taking pre-orders for an upcoming shipment of Wolf 7.62x39. They are selling it at a discounted price of $379/1,000.  Too rich for my blood.

No kidding!!!!  

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Wideners has Wolf 7.62x39 for $305.00 per 1,000 Rds
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#5]
First of all, I sell ammo.

I'm NOT making a fortune here folks. I live with my parents for crying out loud. My distributors go up on their prices*, then I have to go up on mine.

I don't like it anymore than you do. I try not to gouge you too badly. I'm out now but for a while I had ten rounds of 00Buck 12 gauge for $8 even.

Things will possibly go down later but they might go up higher. You had lots of time to stock up before the election results came in. I can't recall the last time I went to the range. My personal ammo just sits waiting to be used.

Here's my theory. A lot of Americans were stupid & didn't pay attention. They had faith in their fellow countrymen. There was just no way they were really going to elect someone who's middle name was Hussein. I have worked at Walmart as a door greeter so I know all about people though.

Well lo & behold on November 5th, they found out the truth. So all the Fudds, the people like my dad who shoot occasionall but don't pay attention to politics, etc, run out to buy ammo since they did pay enough attention to know Obama's anti-gun. Now you take all those Fudds going out & buying like crazy not to mention people like us, the ammo company's realize that people are in FEAR. And they wish to exploit it to make money.  

I don't really blame them either. I mean like I said, people had plenty of time to buy up & plan ahead. They chose instead to lollygag & buy 52" TV's instead. They have no one to blame but themselves. I realize this may sound harsh but that's they way I see it.

*If they have anything in stock to order. Most don't.

P.S. My only 7.62x39 is Brown bear 123gr FMJ for $9.95 + tax. And you don't even want to know what my .45ACP is.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:46:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

P.S. My only 7.62x39 is Brown bear 123gr FMJ for $9.95 + tax. And you don't even want to know what my .45ACP is.

you know it is bad when gander mountain has cheaper prices than small dealers like you...
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:14:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
First of all, I sell ammo.

I'm NOT making a fortune here folks. I live with my parents for crying out loud. My distributors go up on their prices*, then I have to go up on mine.

I don't like it anymore than you do. I try not to gouge you too badly. I'm out now but for a while I had ten rounds of 00Buck 12 gauge for $8 even.

Things will possibly go down later but they might go up higher. You had lots of time to stock up before the election results came in. I can't recall the last time I went to the range. My personal ammo just sits waiting to be used.

Here's my theory. A lot of Americans were stupid & didn't pay attention. They had faith in their fellow countrymen. There was just no way they were really going to elect someone who's middle name was Hussein. I have worked at Walmart as a door greeter so I know all about people though.

Well lo & behold on November 5th, they found out the truth. So all the Fudds, the people like my dad who shoot occasionall but don't pay attention to politics, etc, run out to buy ammo since they did pay enough attention to know Obama's anti-gun. Now you take all those Fudds going out & buying like crazy not to mention people like us, the ammo company's realize that people are in FEAR. And they wish to exploit it to make money.  

I don't really blame them either. I mean like I said, people had plenty of time to buy up & plan ahead. They chose instead to lollygag & buy 52" TV's instead. They have no one to blame but themselves. I realize this may sound harsh but that's they way I see it.

*If they have anything in stock to order. Most don't.

I agree with you on most points. I can also understand passing on price increases from the distributor on to the customer. Maybe that's the case with my hometown gun shop. I still don't like it, but I suppose that's to be expected.

I'm not so sure about blaming ammo companies. Depending on where you buy it, you could be paying anywhere from 31 to 50 cents a round. I'm not a retailer, ammo company, or distributor so I can only speculate about price increase. I'm just a lowly consumer. Maybe this cost difference is a result of inventory price differences quoted to distributors by the ammo companies at different times. Perhaps it is a result of different distributors charging differently to different retailers. Or it could be retailers raising prices to reach market equilibrium with consumer demand. I can understand all these scenarios. I'll have to "bite the bullet" until market conditions bring prices back down.....if that ever happens.

By the way, like the avatar I've read Watchmen a couple of times and seen the movie. I also collect many comics; Hulk, Wolverine, Iron Man, and mostly Punisher!

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:56:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wideners has Wolf 7.62x39 for $305.00 per 1,000 Rds

I may take advantage of that. Thanks for the head's up
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Plenty of time to prepare before Nov 4.  Before then, you could buy new-in-wrap USGI mags all day for $9-$10, quality brass cased 5.56 ammo for $380/1000, and whole M4 rifles dripping with Knight's Armament, Colt, Magpul and LMT stuff for $950.  Those who smelled the stink in the wind did, and did it quietly.

Now that EVERYONE in and out of ARFCOM is in buying mode, all that is gone for a while.  Last week I stopped in at a local gun shop on my way back from the range.  He had less than 1000 rounds of 9mm in stock and purchases were limited to 1 box per customer.  It's a bittersweet day when you have more in inventory than a large gun shop right on an interstate.

The good days may never return, although my bet is on a gun bubble that is going to drop scads of rifles with ammo on the used market at reasonable prices in a year or two (barring legislation).
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#10]
By the way, like the avatar I've read Watchmen a couple of times and seen the movie. I also collect many comics; Hulk, Wolverine, Iron Man, and mostly Punisher!

Thanks. I stole it from domeone else here.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought a box of speer old dots for my glock 22C (.40) for 38 bucks because Davi's (in Raleigh)was the only store in stock, my buddy in GA told me its 26 there, by the way its for a box of 20 rounds carry ammo. Had I not needed it I would have told them to go screw themselves. I know ammo is hard to find, but they are straight up captializing on that factor.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bought a box of speer old dots for my glock 22C (.40) for 38 bucks because Davi's (in Raleigh)was the only store in stock, my buddy in GA told me its 26 there, by the way its for a box of 20 rounds carry ammo. Had I not needed it I would have told them to go screw themselves. I know ammo is hard to find, but they are straight up captializing on that factor.

You should have come to me. I have 1 box left of .40S&W Speer GoldDots for $24.50 + tax.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:53:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Maybe the New Dots would have been cheaper1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top