Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 6:11:43 PM EDT
I called them to see if they had any 9mm AR-15's today and the guy on the phone says that he has a "pre-ban" one for $2800!!!   I ask him about the previous LE-marked rifles since the "ban" is now over and if they have any of those in 9mm. He said he neve heard of LE-marked weapons (never mind the fact that I have seen them there in the past) so I just hung up on him.

I had money to burn on a 9mm LE weapon but nobody had any. Bill's Buy and Sell sold 5 LE-marked weapons before I had a chance to get their this morning

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#1]
weak!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I've said it before....80% of the gun shops in town have assholes behind the counter. They won’t take the time to talk to you much less acknowledge that your in their store. The exceptions are Citadel, Vans Guns and Machine Gun Kelly's.

I will not patronize American Shooter or The Gun Store, no thank you. I'll spend my money were I feel welcomed and the proprietor is actually interested in helping me.

Jus my two cents......
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#3]
i have had nothing but good experiences with the people at the Gun Store...However you need to know WHO to talk to there

Truth be told, the only gun store i HATE is that survival store...or whatever the fuzz it is called.  the one with the lispy pony tail whomo behind the counter.  what a pole smoker that guy is.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh...BTW, when I was at Bill's Buy and Sell I had to laugh. I saw a BIG box of M16 magazines that he has had sitting around for awhile. It's the same box full of mags that has "LE only  $14.95" written on the side of it. I was thinking that I will just pick up a couple until the ones that I bought here at the EE show up. Foolish me...thinking that the now plentiful M16 mags should remain the same price (seeing how they are no longer regulated). The price went from $14.95 to $24.95 right in front of my eyes.

I have spent probably $4,000 in rifle purchases there in the last two months and feel that I may have spent my last dollar there. It's the little things like that just piss the shit out of me. I don't think I would have given it a second chance if he would have at least turned the box around so I couldn't see how much they cost yesterday.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Truth be told, the only gun store i HATE is that survival store...or whatever the fuzz it is called. the one with the lispy pony tail whomo behind the counter. what a pole smoker that guy is.

LMAO
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:49:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I concur with the guys over at American Shooters being assholes.  I refuse to go in that shithole and actively encourage people to avoid it.  $5 a box for Wolf .223, the horror!

The foofoo guy at National Survival Store (Mark is his name) once told me that Century AR's were the best thing going.   That pretty much keeps me ever trying to talk rationally to the guy again; however he does stock a lot of fun stuff, like HK MK23's and Gemtech suppressors.  I wouldn't hang out there, but I patronize them when I need something specific that I can't find anywhere else.  Oh, and the old guy in the corner who is actively smoking himself in to oblivion behind an incessantly rambling TV is kind of annoying too.

Citadel has been my favorite since it opened.  Great people, good prices, great selection...

MG Kellys has decent guys but is waaaay too proud of their stuff!  I felt abused just looking at the prices of some mags.  

Where the heck is Vans?  I've never been there!  

The Gunstore;  I've never had a problem with them, Dave is funny, but he's the only one I ever talk to... some of the guys definately had the 'gunstore clerk attitude' and I avoided them.  There's a guy there named Tony, who runs the local subgun matches; he's a damn nice guy and very knowledgable.

Bills Buy and Sell generally has good prices and decent selection, but is kinda in the ghetto, and you may have to break out your new purchase to cover your egress to your car.  I've never been treated badly, but I know a couple of boardmembers who won't shop there due to a clerks 'tude.

CCS Guns;  if ever there was a joke of a gunstore, this is it.  Don't want a crappy pressed leather holster for your 1865 buntline?  Just looking, you say?  Buy or get out!  

Discount Firearms:  Mike and Anna have always been good to me, though some of the clerks were lacking.  Haven't been there since they moved, they're just too far away from where I live.

After what LarryG36 posted the other day, I'd really like to see what Dan Shea has in his warehouse for Long Mountain Outfitters!

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I called them to see if they had any 9mm AR-15's today and the guy on the phone says that he has a "pre-ban" one for $2800!!!   I ask him about the previous LE-marked rifles since the "ban" is now over and if they have any of those in 9mm. He said he neve heard of LE-marked weapons (never mind the fact that I have seen them there in the past) so I just hung up on him.

I had money to burn on a 9mm LE weapon but nobody had any. Bill's Buy and Sell sold 5 LE-marked weapons before I had a chance to get their this morning

thanks,
Ron

Oh, and citadel has a colt 9mm upper that they are selling with everything but the magblock.  I know they have lowers, you might be able to build one up.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Van's Guns on the corner of Charleston and Upland. Its a little shop and they'll sell on consignment but they dont have much of a selection. I had bought a colt single action and a henry rifle there. They're alittle pricey but I had to indulge the little cowboy in me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey Wolf,

Do you have any lowers for sale? If you have anything for sale let me know. Also, keep me posted on the SAR show in December. I already broke it to my wife that I will buying my own Christmas gifts this year.

Thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top