Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 6:23:24 PM EDT
South Dakota AMBER ALERT
(Issued 6:15 pm (CDT), Tuesday, February 21, 2006)

Child Description:  
§ White male, 5-7 years old, 3 ft. to 3 ft 6 inches tall, average build, brown hair
§ Wearing blue pants, red shirt, blue coat and carrying a lime green backpack

Suspect Description:
§ White male, about 50 years old, average height and build, gray hair, clean shaven
§ Wearing blue pants, blue waist length coat and carrying a red bandana

Suspect Vehicle Description:
§ Older red four door sedan with a 6 inch gold star on the driver’s side rear quarter panel.  Possible rust on the vehicle.  Vehicle is square shaped in back.  
§ Unknown license plates.

No Photo Available
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting,i will keep an eye open tommorow.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:13:12 AM EDT
[#2]
This was broadcast when I got into work tonight and I cried.  The LE teletype that went out is heartbreaking, please keep us updated with any new info.

Let's pray for this little guy and get him back to mom and dad ASAP.

Scott
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Based on police reports the Alert has been cancelled due to the unreliability of witnesses and the fact that no child seems to be missing at this time.  Weird.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:09:26 PM EDT
[#4]
That is weird, usually they don't even start an alert unless they've got solid info.

Whoever those students that reported it are they've got some good imaginations, the teletype had very specific info and details that wouldn't seem possible for students to come up with although we don't know their ages so I guess they could have been a bit more advanced.

Thank goodness, false alarms are awesome given the other option.  WHEW!

Thanks for the update too,
Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top