Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 7:40:33 PM EDT
Joined the forum hoping to meet some people, and do some shooting in the Erie area. I shoot at SGL # 109.
Kimber Compact
Mossberg 590 Mariner
RRA Elite CAR A4
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Jerry. I did, there aren't. Guess I'm the "Designated Nieghborhood Zombie Duster".

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#3]
You're not the only one, but there aren't many of us.  Try coming out to Gem City sometime.  I've seen so much unsafe gun handling over at SG109 that I stopped going there.

www.gemcitygunclub.org/

Walker
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty much.  Erie is in the middle of nowhere!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks Walker. e mail sent.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Never alone!!!

Is SGL #109 the range on out on sampson road?  Thats normally where I go
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Never alone!!!

Is SGL #109 the range on out on sampson road?  Thats normally where I go

That's the one.  There are much better places to shoot if you look around.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:23:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm planning on going to that gun show at Gem City, on the 19th (next Sunday). it'd be nice to meet you guys. i'm gonna be looking for some ammo cans, and who knows what else. thinking about  joining while I'm there too. it'd be great to go to the Valley Forge show, but I think that's about a 6.5 hr drive.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#9]

That's the one. There are much better places to shoot if you look around.

Where do you go to shoot?  I know there's the Walnut Creek Gun Club, and Gem City but i've never bothered to join any of them.

People always look at me funny at the sampson road range since I shoot a WASR 1 and a Yugo SKS and a 870 express 9+1 12 gauage, everyone there is always shooting bolt action
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I shoot at 109 - Samson Rd. one time, i had to tell a guy, to tell his kid to quit pointing his gun in my direction. Walnut Creek only allows 5 rd mags. I'm thinking about joining Gem City. the one in Harborcreek. looked at their website. they have a lot of military firearms there, a trap range, and an indoor pistol range. and 200 yd. rifle range. I'm going to check it out on the 19th. As far as I'm concerned, people should shoot whatever they want, without the strange looks, or comments. As far as the other Gem City (McKean), I've been there, and, if you're not part of their "click" they don't even talk to you. I don't know if they're even still open. BTW, I live in Millcreek, near McDowell H.S.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That's the one. There are much better places to shoot if you look around.

Where do you go to shoot?  I know there's the Walnut Creek Gun Club, and Gem City but i've never bothered to join any of them.

People always look at me funny at the sampson road range since I shoot a WASR 1 and a Yugo SKS and a 870 express 9+1 12 gauage, everyone there is always shooting bolt action

Gem City in Harbocreek is about the best.  They have ranges for rifle, shotgun, and pistol, plus the indoor range that's used for matches.  Eagles nest off route 19 in Waterford is ok, but it's more of a pistol/trap club.  They don't have much of a rifle range.  Gem City is only $35 or $40/yr and you don't end up getting guns pointed at you, or people shooting while you're downrange.  You should come check it out next Sunday.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Ya I'm definately going to have to check that out,  I need something longer than 100 yard, and I'm sick  constantly wearing my vest at sampson road, people there are either really nice or somewhat scary. BTW I live next to JS Wilson middle school.  So that isn't that far of drive out to harborcreek.  

Anyone know of any gun shows coming up somewhat near us?  Most of the people in the PA forum seem to be middle of state or east.  PA is too damn long, they need a west pa and an east pa forum.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I live in Erie and I usually shoot at 109.  I am currently in the process of getting my first AR.   I will check out Gem City, never been there.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:35:52 AM EDT
[#14]
blitzo, welcome. what part of Erie ? we almost have enough guys right here to form a squad.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I am on the lower east side by the old Hammermill
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:31:10 AM EDT
[#16]
ya really we could...

What does everyone have/shoot??

Romanian WASR 1
Yugo SKS
2 Romanian M44's
Remington 870
Swiss K31
Polish P64 Makarov

more to come.....
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#17]
www.gemcityoutdoorsmen.com

I used to do a lot of shooting out at 109, the bugs in the summer are terrible. The link above is to gem city in Mckean I was a member there for several years. The gem city in Harborcreek is a great place to shoot.

The people out at Gem city in Mckean do come across as a bit snooty.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks Charlie. I was a member at McKean, but didn't renew. still wouldn't mind going there. am going to check out Harborcreek this Sun., probably around noon.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#19]
i live off peach...new to the area, i go to Penn State..

i shoot a glock 23 and a sig mosquito, and occasionally a 22 bolt ...

my RRA AR will be ready pretty quick, ive only been to sg109
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:27:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Send an IM to pyro6988, he's in NW PA also.

Ops
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:33:38 PM EDT
[#21]
what are the better shops in the area?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:55:33 PM EDT
[#22]
whos got the best deals on AR's....i am still in need, and there havent been any decent deals on EE
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
whos got the best deals on AR's....i am still in need, and there havent been any decent deals on EE

Erie Sports Store on upper Peach sometimes has one or two in stock.  Bob's Gun Shop in McKean will usually have a few also.  I haven't been to either place in a while, so I can't comment on prices.  Generally, none of the other shops in the area have any black rifles.  If you know what you want, I could order one in for you for a fair price.  Send me an email if you have any questions.

Walker
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:11:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Check out Bob's Gun shop on Edinboro Road,  I was there the other day getting some shotgun shells, I wasn't really looking at guns but I coulda sworn he had a whole rack of AR's, not sure models etc, but I coulda sworn I saw them, plus Bob is a really nice guy in a hardass kinda way

Don't got ot Bob's though if you are looking for 7.62x39 ammo though, as I bought all they had
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top