Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2007 5:21:35 PM EDT
www.oregonlive.com/oregonian/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports/1186784724117830.xml&coll=7

I think the article will do some good, but i have to nitpick: if Zumbo says something to alienate and insult his readership, the consequences should be no surprise, and the constitution restricts the government; it doesn't "allow" anything. Of course, i said this more nicely when i emailed the writer. I've read the Oregonian but a few times, but this is the first pro-gun article i've seen from them
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:56:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting.  WTF is a "Bananna Clip"?

Mark.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I took my first deer with a VEPR AK in 7.62x39(I used my 5 round "clip"). I got a few strange looks. When I told the story some guys were upset with me. They wanted to know why I needed a "weapon like that" and then wondered why I didn't just use a 30.06. I wonder if they know that the 30.06 is way more powerful than the 7.62x39? The first weapon that I ever fired was a semi auto,a 10/22, I must have been 3 or 4. I choose to hunt with semi autos because I am familiar with them,they shouldn't be taboo in the field because some old timer journalist don't like them. Semi autos are just the natural evolution of technology.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree the article was not negative against black rifles.  On the other hand, Bill
Monroe has written enough liberal, anti-hunting articles in the past to get my support.

The last straw was an article he wrote before deer season some time ago, stating that
the animals didn't have a chance these days due to the accuracty of .50 cal. rifles, laser
range finders, military styled mil-dot scopes....  

With comments like this, it sounds like Monroe does not even go hunting.
Why don't you satify you conscience and replace that meat you eat with tofu?  You are
killing an animal after all.

Bill, you are just another whore for the liberal media.  

Spambo
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Not a bad article, but sounds alot like an "anti" writer that had shot or purchased their first firearm.  They liked it and had a second thought.  I dont care for the Zumbo mumbo, sounds like filler to me.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:02:56 AM EDT
[#5]
For the record, this was the guy who came out of the woodwork and wrote an intro article back in feb when zumbo f'ed up that ended with him saying that he was going to give a fair review on assault weapons and get back to us.

This is that followup piece.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't like the term "Assault Rifle" which means fully automatic.  I wonder how many people glanced at the article and thought that machine guns are now ok for hunting.  I like the term Black Rifle or "military style".  It was in 1991 when the anti-gunners termed the military-style gun into assault rifles and were caught showing fully automatic weapons on news programs and telling the public this is what you can buy.  The term assault weapon leaves a bad taste in my mouth because it is the term the enemy came up with to take the rifles away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top