Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/21/2007 8:29:51 PM EDT
I've been reading about LCR for a while now and really, really want to go. I realize I'm a new guy and I've never met any of you in person, having moved from Texas relatively recently. But if there's any way I could get in on this weekend shoot I would be more than grateful for the opportunity to make some new aquaintances. I completely understand why you all are reticent to welcome someone you've not yet met, but I hope you understand that "if I don't ask, you're really not likely to say yes."

-Dallas
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 8:31:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dallasfromdallas:
I've been reading about LCR for a while now and really, really want to go. I realize I'm a new guy and I've never met any of you in person, having moved from Texas relatively recently. But if there's any way I could get in on this weekend shoot I would be more than grateful for the opportunity to make some new aquaintances. I completely understand why you all are reticent to welcome someone you've not yet met, but I hope you understand that "if I don't ask, you're really not likely to say yes."

-Dallas

Wait for the "what time to get a guide to the LCR" threads. Exit 77 Friday or Saturday, there will be guides.

The thread usually starts on Monday, and as far as I know it's Koter's responsibility.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:09:14 PM EDT
Alright, thanks for the info PCR.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:18:06 PM EDT

Alright, thanks for the info PCR.

Just remember, the LCR is not for the weak...

<­BR>

­

<­BR>IT'S FOR THE WEEKEND!
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 10:35:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PCR-00:

-Dallas

Wait for the "what time to get a guide to the LCR" threads. Exit 77 Friday or Saturday, there will be guides.

The thread usually starts on Monday, and as far as I know it's Koter's responsibility.

Damn, I got a job, and don't even get paid
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 8:32:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/22/2007 8:34:15 AM EDT by Clown_Gun]
I wouldn't mind going to this thing for a few hours on Saturday and meeting some new people (or even some old ones here
I don't want (can't afford!) to risk damaging these...
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n93/mike98321/charger.jpg

... and I'm not sure I could carry enough guns on the motorcycle to make it worthwhile. hough!
ETA: I've reduced the size of that pic three times and it still showing up as hugh. Sorry, and all that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 8:37:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Clown_Gun:
I wouldn't mind going to this thing for a few hours on Saturday and meeting some new people (or even some old ones ), but I'vd read here that the road in isn't very friendly to cars/tires.

I don't want (can't afford!) to risk damaging these...
i110.photobucket.com/albums/n93/mike98321/charger.jpg

... and I'm not sure I could carry enough guns on the motorcycle to make it worthwhile.

Sounds like lots 'o fun, though!

ETA: I've reduced the size of that pic three times and it still showing up as hugh. Sorry, and all that.

Plenty of people have made it up the hill in much smaller vehicles. You should be fine. As for the tire thing, it just seems like tradition that one of us gets a flat at LCR. The road itself is a clean graded dirt road you should be fine.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 8:37:17 AM EDT
PCR, did you tell him about the beer? I think you forgot to mention the beer.....
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 8:38:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Da_Bunny:
PCR, did you tell him about the beer? I think you forgot to mention the beer.....

I've decided to stop mentioning the beer. Why? Because they ALWAYS forget the beer.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:27:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PCR-00:

Originally Posted By Da_Bunny:

I've decided to stop mentioning the beer. Why? Because they ALWAYS forget the beer.

Whoever meets him at the park and ride check his wheels for beer; if he doesn't have any...

You guys didn't even ASK if I brought beer when I went last fall!

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:34:25 AM EDT
A note on the road, IIRC, it is better than many Seattle surface streets
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:37:49 AM EDT
height=8
Originally Posted By huge_gator:
A note on the road, IIRC, it is better than many Seattle surface streets Hell,

Guess I should start looking for beer...
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:39:07 AM EDT

Hell, I can handle that, then!

WTF?
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 10:01:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/22/2007 10:02:36 AM EDT by NWRed]

Originally Posted By usnpjs:

WTF?

Its commonly found laying around in some of the more run down neighborhoods in WA. Didnt you see any when you toured Rainier Valley awhile back? Those bottles along side the fence line that looked to be about 1/2 full? If you take 2 or 3 of those les then full 40's you can make at least 1 full one to share with give away to the other guys at LCR Better keep your eyes peeled, eh? I'll be sure to bring at least a 3/4 full bottle if I come.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:11:10 PM EDT
height=8
WTF?

I don't drink much anymore, and when I do it's usually not beer. Sorry.

I'll bring something, though. Open to recommendations.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:21:30 PM EDT

Open to recommendations.

Roofies.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:24:06 PM EDT

WTF?

I don't drink much anymore, and when I do it's usually not beer. Sorry.

Aha, me and you both. I enjoy the occasional Miller High life, but I'm more of a Vodka guy anymore.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:25:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NWRed:

WTF?

Its commonly found laying around in some of the more run down neighborhoods in WA. Didnt you see any when you toured Rainier Valley awhile back? Those bottles along side the fence line that looked to be about 1/2 full? If you take 2 or 3 of those les then full 40's you can make at least 1 full one to share with give away to the other guys at LCR Better keep your eyes peeled, eh? I'll be sure to bring at least a 3/4 full bottle if I come.

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:41:40 PM EDT

i35.photobucket.com/albums/d190/meggy_b_63/Old_english_800_picture.jpg

Are you going to play Edward 40-Hands?
Top Top